Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

Anael 02-01-2012 12:23 AM

Thank you Doghousemom! I don't have that much scraps to make a whole quilt. I donated my scraps to the institution I work for (mentally challenged people) and they use it for their art projects.
I think I don't have enough of the red I'm using now but I do have the same fabric in a lighter red.

Post some pics Doghousmom, I would love to see your blocks!

DogHouseMom 02-01-2012 08:52 AM

February blocks are posted. There are only 2 blocks, a biggun, and a littleun. They are both paper pieced, but neither of them have to be.

Good! Glad there are only two blocks, hopefully I can catch up!!

Caroline S 02-01-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 4932031)
February blocks are posted. There are only 2 blocks, a biggun, and a littleun. They are both paper pieced, but neither of them have to be.

Good! Glad there are only two blocks, hopefully I can catch up!!

Cool!! I have not even started piecing part 1.

DogHouseMom 02-01-2012 05:45 PM

Ok ... I'm studying these two blocks. How many of you are going to paper piece them, and how many are going to piece it traditionally?? The blocks are fairly straight forward and can be pieced easily the traditional way.

Also ... does anyone know the name of block 12?

Duh!! I see now the block names are at the top of the page. DOH!

Caroline S 02-01-2012 10:42 PM

I am going to do the paper piecing because I have not done it before. Again, a new technique to learn.

victoriaplum 02-02-2012 04:49 AM

I'm totally excited to see who will be the first to get the new blocks finished & posted! I'm torn between being disappointed that there's only 2 new blocks and happy that I have some time to catch up!

DogHouseMom 02-02-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by victoriaplum (Post 4934463)
I'm totally excited to see who will be the first to get the new blocks finished & posted! I'm torn between being disappointed that there's only 2 new blocks and happy that I have some time to catch up!

Ditto! I came in late and by the time I joined most people had posted finished blocks for one or both sets. This will be my first "set" that I'm doing "with" everyone else.

I still haven't finished the first two complete sets but last night I chose the fabrics for the flying geese. I had purchased material from someone here on QB (abdconsultants I *believe*) and she sent along a package of Moda Fabric 2.5" squares from the Will & Grace collection. So I'm using those on the geese ... each goose will be a different fabric from the same collection in keeping with my "scrappy" theme I didn't want all the geese to be the same, but didn't want them to be totally different either.

I also created the other block in EQ7 to audition colors, and I think I might turn that into a two color block as well.

DogHouseMom 02-02-2012 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to do the flying geese block tonight, mostly because I had the fabrics picked out and I wanted to see how it looked.

So here's a pic of the 4 blocks I have done so far.

Anael 02-03-2012 12:51 AM

Did you do black on black Doghousemom? I don't see anything :D

DogHouseMom 02-03-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4937470)
Did you do black on black Doghousemom? I don't see anything :D

Really? I'm seeing the pic just fine.

In fact ... I just noticed that the 4th goose from the top (green with brown dot), the dots are slightly off kilter. That's going to bother me.