Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-baltimore-album-quilt-starts-today-t97786.html)

gal288 02-14-2011 07:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of blocks I'm currently making for my son. He chose the traditional colors. Both these blocks are reverse applique.

Surfergirl 02-14-2011 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by gal288
Here are a couple of blocks I'm currently making for my son. He chose the traditional colors. Both these blocks are reverse applique.

Beautiful!

BonniFeltz 02-14-2011 08:26 AM

for those of us new to this...what is reverse applique?

lynmh 02-14-2011 08:39 AM

The blocks are all beautiful! So enjoying following you all, just wish I didnt have so much going so I could jump in:)

lyn

PokerDiva 02-14-2011 08:57 AM

Beautiful....Beautiful.

gal288 02-14-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

It's like that German scissor cutting thingy, don't know the real name.

The pattern is traced on the background and on another square of colored fabric. You place the colored fabric on the background, aligning the traced pattern. You then begin to cut away the top block &needle turn the fabric to match the background. It's fun,but time consuming.

If you have seen hawaiian quilts they are usually done in reverse app.

If you want to try one, let me know, I cann send you a easy pattern to begin with, you might like it.

BonniFeltz 02-14-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

It's like that German scissor cutting thingy, don't know the real name.

The pattern is traced on the background and on another square of colored fabric. You place the colored fabric on the background, aligning the traced pattern. You then begin to cut away the top block &needle turn the fabric to match the background. It's fun,but time consuming.

If you have seen hawaiian quilts they are usually done in reverse app.

If you want to try one, let me know, I cann send you a easy pattern to begin with, you might like it.

ahhh. I've done a pillow in Hawaiian but it was a little different. I think this is what Pacific Rim talks about when they say their two fabric applique. :) Thanks for explaining and...(grins)...I never turn down free patterns. I'd like to see it please.

ruthruff3 02-14-2011 10:00 AM

WOW - these are gorgeous - thanks for sharing!!! :-P

gal288 02-14-2011 10:12 AM

Bonnie, let me look later &I'll add it here.

Thanks kelli

Halfsquare 02-14-2011 12:12 PM

Is reverse applique in the Baltimore quilt? I don't think I would be too good at that!