Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee March, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-march-2017-a-t286478.html)

JuanitaBean 03-01-2017 03:53 PM

Nice Blocks Chasezz and Cheeshead. Hope to get started on mine at least pick fabric tonight.

I love coconut cake it's my favorite. Eat a piece for me.

AnngelAnne 03-01-2017 04:03 PM

Well, that made me feel better, I only looked at them this morning when the thread was first posted and to see some already done and looking terrific sure got me going. Now I know why you are done so fast, but what a great job you did.

AnngelAnne 03-01-2017 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chasezzz (Post 7775330)
AnngelAnn...I purposely picked one block with no HSTs or FG!

You purposely did a good job, lol, I'm up for the challenge and now I have yours to use for an example.

Kassaundra 03-01-2017 04:08 PM

That second one strips and squares would look cool w/ the strips ombre'd light to dark (dark outside to light inside), then ombre the background dark to light (dark center to light outside). I need to see if I have an ombre that changes in the right length of space.

retiredteacher09 03-01-2017 06:47 PM

Nice blocks Chasezzz and Cheesehead!

Also, thanks Chasezzz for your selection of blocks.

Connie

AnngelAnne 03-02-2017 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7775484)
That second one strips and squares would look cool w/ the strips ombre'd light to dark (dark outside to light inside), then ombre the background dark to light (dark center to light outside). I need to see if I have an ombre that changes in the right length of space.

I guess you best start with the second one and do this idea of yours. I am not following it well and think I need a visual, lol. I love seeing what people come up with, it takes me a month of Sundays to figure out patterns and color schemes.

Cheesehead 03-02-2017 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished the second block and I am not happy with my fabric choices. May have to ditch the idea of working with the batik scraps to a more uniform fabric pattern. Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]569269[/ATTACH]

AnngelAnne 03-02-2017 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7776042)
Just finished the second block and I am not happy with my fabric choices. May have to ditch the idea of working with the batik scraps to a more uniform fabric pattern. Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]569269[/ATTACH]

Sorry, I don't happen to agree with you. I think it is a striking block. It looks very good to me. So carry on, you are doing well!!

Cheesehead 03-02-2017 12:41 PM

Thanks Anngel!

Jan

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 04:12 PM

I think the block is fine. It looks like you might be disappointed w/ the lack of contrast. I think if you made the small squares out of the dark fushia fabric and the narrow rectangles out of the light print, the contrast would be more striking, you might be happier w/ it.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7776042)