Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee March, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-march-2017-a-t286478.html)

Chasezzz 03-02-2017 04:20 PM

Jan, I like the block, but think it might be better if the light was the background fabric (center of all squares) and the two fabrics closer in tone were used for the "frames." I did another block in my group of fabrics that didn't have the "celtic knot" look either because of my choices of fabric position. Made the block look totally different...not bad, just different!

Cheesehead 03-02-2017 04:30 PM

Thanks for the input Kassaundra and Chasezzz. I agree, there wasn't enough contrast and I'm sure that's why I was somewhat disappointed in the result of the block. I'm not giving up, I will try to do this block again with hopefully better results. Jan

chickadeee55 03-03-2017 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569301[/ATTACH] This is for you Jean, yep, we had snow.

Oksewnsew 03-03-2017 06:50 AM

Thanks for sharing - :(. Just enjoy it for me..:) I think Winter just flat forgot us - trees are leafing out, roses are fully leafed, Jonquils blooming, Bradford Pears are almost through blooming, some already turning green!! "HEY, Nature, it's tooooo early for all this green!!"

Delphina 03-03-2017 09:39 AM

Oh yes a block a week would be good for me!

Cheesehead 03-03-2017 12:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my new blocks for March. Decided that trying to work with scraps for batiks was more of a bother so I chose different fabrics that I will continue to use from now on.

Marilynn, so glad this Cheesehead is not in Wisconsin at this time. I don't miss the snow or cold one bit. We will return in May to hopefully better weather, but I can recall a dandy snowfall in May about 25 years ago. Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]569325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]569327[/ATTACH]

Barb in Louisiana 03-03-2017 01:53 PM

Cheesehead...I really like the new colors a whole lot better. Of course, I am very partial to any shade of purple.

Delphina 03-03-2017 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 7776834)
Cheesehead...I really like the new colors a whole lot better. Of course, I am very partial to any shade of purple.

I love anything with any shade of purple. Love it , makes me thin of spring

chickadeee55 03-03-2017 02:22 PM

Cheesehead, I was wondering if your name was in relation to WI! But yeah, winter last here right up to Spring, we can never be surprised with snow in April. I think of the tulips popping up through the snow. That is why we love to quilt, gets our mind off the long winters.

Love your blocks.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7776808)
Here are my new blocks for March. Decided that trying to work with scraps for batiks was more of a bother so I chose different fabrics that I will continue to use from now on.

Marilynn, so glad this Cheesehead is not in Wisconsin at this time. I don't miss the snow or cold one bit. We will return in May to hopefully better weather, but I can recall a dandy snowfall in May about 25 years ago. Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]569325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]569327[/ATTACH]

Delphina 03-03-2017 02:24 PM

broken dishes

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my broken dishes block. Will do the other one tomorrow.