Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 02-12-2011 04:36 PM

Love the fabrics keelybird. I have some of the Adelaide Collection for another project.

Jupiter 02-12-2011 05:01 PM

Wow, Keelybird, Your blue really pops out. I like that! I love seeing everyones blocks. They all have their own special look.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by keelybird57
Everyone has such pretty blocks! Here's mine.

Obsessed 02-13-2011 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning all! It's Sunday morning, and that means it's time to post my block for this week. I'll be the early bird until later in the Spring, when my life will get totally crazy and I will be struggling to catch up for a while...

Anyway, here it is - Rosellen's Cross. I'm not sure about the cream color - it looks a little bland and it takes up a lot of real estate. I may try this one again with another color combo. Maybe I'll try switching the cream with the dark brown...

keelybird57 02-13-2011 07:17 AM

I like it, Lara. Very pretty!

Jupiter 02-13-2011 08:55 AM

Hi Lara,

You are first again! Nice work. I like the colors as you have them now, but swapping the dark and light might be very stunning. If you do make it again, please post a photo with both blocks side-by-side.

I haven't started on mine yet. Been a busy week, although, this is only Day 1 of this week, so I think I'll have time! lol

hugs, Jupiter

kwiltkrazy 02-13-2011 03:55 PM

Keelybird, wow what a block, I love your colors.

Obsessed, your block is terrific. Love the colors, and the pattern.

Deecee 02-13-2011 11:15 PM

Obsessed - I like the cream. It gives a luminous moon effect that looks cool.

Deecee 02-14-2011 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been home from work today waiting for a shower screen to be installed. It is 3.30 p.m. and no sign of anyone as yet! :thumbdown:

On the good side though, I have spent the day sewing my block, Rosellen's Cross.

I have to say that I did not particularly like the pic of Penny H's block in the book, but after seeing Obsessed's different choice of fabrics and thinking about my choices, I have now decided it wasn't the block as much as Penny's choice of fabrics that didn't appeal.

Here is my Rosellen's Cross.

Rosellen's Cross
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132872[/ATTACH]

BATIKQLTR 02-14-2011 08:40 PM

DeeCee......It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the border print flowers!! Especially with the red print border!!

Jupiter 02-14-2011 11:20 PM

Hi DeeCee, Your block looks very regal! I love it. Good Job, and I agree that the fabrics that Penny used on this one were hard to "read" where one piece started and another stopped.

I have my 6" block done, but still need to do the 12" block. I am thinking of re-vamping the pattern on the 12" block so there aren't so many layers of wasted fabric. I'll post the details when I get them figured out.

hugs all around,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by Deecee
I have been home from work today waiting for a shower screen to be installed. It is 3.30 p.m. and no sign of anyone as yet! :thumbdown:

On the good side though, I have spent the day sewing my block, Rosellen's Cross.

I have to say that I did not particularly like the pic of Penny H's block in the book, but after seeing Obsessed's different choice of fabrics and thinking about my choices, I have now decided it wasn't the block as much as Penny's choice of fabrics that didn't appeal.

Here is my Rosellen's Cross.