Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

chali1092 10-21-2010 11:52 AM

Still very beautiful! Thanks for the update picture.

klgreene 10-22-2010 02:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are a couple more. I must slow down a little because I'm not getting my points as perfect as I'd like. The first one is my first Star Point Block Wk 10 Lavena. That was a bit challenging at first, but I got the swing of it. So I want to make more with better points. The second is from Wk 11 Bella. And the third is actually like the bottom left block on my avatar. I made that about 11 years ago with Thangles. I've always like that block so decided to make one the Rhonda way. It took half the time to make. Hope you enjoy.

Also, I have not squared up any block. I like to wait until I actually put the sashing on.

Wk 10 Lavena
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93736[/ATTACH]

Wk 11 Bella
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93737[/ATTACH]

Thangles Rohonda's Way
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93738[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 10-22-2010 02:50 PM

They all look terrific! I think you did a good job on the points. We are always our own worst critic. But I know what you mean. I strive to do the best I can but sometimes they just don't want to play nice no matter how hard I try.

I love that you took my method and applied it to another quilt block. That is what I try to get across is my methods can be used for alot of traditional quilt blocks.

bj 10-22-2010 03:04 PM

Y'all's blocks are so pretty. Keep up the good work. I am drooling!

klgreene 10-22-2010 03:13 PM

Thanks Rhonda. I am really having fun with these. Now I'll have to get a few more cut out before I get a few more pictures up. I am also working on a block from the Fons and Porter show. I wanted to try it because they made it look so easy. NOT...then I'll see if I can do it your method. That will take me a while because I don't want to spend all my time trying to get a block together. When I know I can get several done in the same amount of time. And will probably look better.

Thanks Bj, we are kind of neighbors. Just a two hour drive!Are their nice quilting stores in Lubbock? I don't get there very often.

cjomomma 10-22-2010 05:20 PM

Wow wow wow!!! Your blocks are georgious. Fabulous colors.

klgreene 10-23-2010 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Thank you! Where are your blocks. I thought you were making some. I'd love to see everyone elses blocks, not just mine.

cjomomma 10-23-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Thank you! Where are your blocks. I thought you were making some. I'd love to see everyone elses blocks, not just mine.

I haven't had time to work on them. I got 2 really big projects that I am working my butt off to get done, as soon as I am done I will start on my blocks. I can hear Rhonda's tut screaming at me to start. LOL.

klgreene 10-27-2010 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more.... the first one is from wk 14 Neva..however my four dark fabrics, came up with a little extra wing on it. Not sure why, but I liked it. The other is wk 8 Amelia. These are such fun!!!

Wk 14 - Neva
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114787[/ATTACH]

Wk 8 - Amelia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114788[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 10-27-2010 04:22 PM

Very nice!! I got one block ready to be sewn.