Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

dublb 03-30-2012 05:14 PM

Yea! Jillnjo is going ta join us! I just know that ya are! :) If you use the same scraps but sash 'em different won't it look different? Several of us are behind so don't worry about that. Come along & pull up drag. (Am I saying that right SNQ?)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-30-2012 05:57 PM

Its, QNS...; the "drag" is the back of the "pack" or trail riders. The chuck wagon followed the "herd" for the morning, then drove the wagon team to the evening stopping point on the drive. Cattle moved about five to ten miles per hour, horses made ten to fifteen miles a day in the drive, as I remember.

So, the chuck wagon being on the "drag", its not riding "horseback", given the space, people can talk to one another about quilting and cooking. Dust might be the worst thing of riding drag... no time to prepare lunch, it was a hearty breakfast at four am and the evening meal, supper was at about sundown. Early to bed, and early to rise. So the song was born, "Mama, don't let your kids grow up to be a cowboy".

Now, "dude" trail riding is different...it caters to the "dudes on the trail ride" making it all a pleasure trip to enjoy. Horses that do not buck, breakfast is not at 4 am, and lunch is served at noon. Chuck wagon is a comfortable big RV, that trails the "dude riders", or may pull ahead to make camp ready for the riders. I think we are all enjoying the "dude" trail ride at our leisure. Therefore, we each do are own PC blocks and enjoy the "showing" each week whether we have done our own block or not. Life often interferes with our good intentions, so we just sit back and enjoy the show. And enjoy the laughter and fun of being on QB with our PC group. And appreciate Honchey's leadership, and QuiltE help on the trail.

dublb 03-30-2012 06:25 PM

Ooops! I guess my fingers stuttered! I had it in my head right but typed it wrong.:o I knew that you would know what we needed ta know! Thanks so much for the info! I think that you are right, we are defiantly taking it easy, like the dude riders.

QuiltE 03-30-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5103549)
Yup lots of updating QE! PP'ing is now "tolerable"! I haven't taken papers out of most of them so the jury is still out!!
Whack--did you hear that whip cracking?:eek:

Oh but you haven't updated your profile yet! :) You'll come to like the PPing more as you do it more. You know the 4-H motto!! :)
Easy on the whip
OKSGlad ... ... I did make progress despite how rotten I felt. And am hoping that tomorrow will be kinder to me! So of course, I had to reward myself for a bit tonight ... started the Apple Tree!

JanieW 04-01-2012 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324393[/ATTACH]

I did the first 16 .

JeanieG 04-01-2012 10:02 AM

Oh, those look just great Janie! Thanks for sharing!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-01-2012 12:57 PM

Beautiful job, JanieW. Love the color in the blocks together!!

dublb 04-01-2012 02:10 PM

Janie - You're blocks are going to have such depth with all of those colors! They are lovely tagether.:thumbup:

Blue Bell 04-01-2012 02:52 PM

Janie,
Your blocks are beautiful. Your quilt will be extraordinary.

QuiltE 04-01-2012 05:43 PM

JanieW JanieW JanieW ... Oh Sew Nice!
Yours are all so well coordinated already ... and just enough whimsy among the classics!

pssssssssssst!!! Bet you're glad your DH "pushed" you when you were hesitating to order the book? :)