Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

LovingIzabella 04-02-2012 05:00 AM

Janie,
What a beautiful set of blocks you have so far. Awe inspiring thank you for sharing!
Hugs
April

gardnergal970 04-02-2012 05:04 AM

JanieW...very nice!

wendiq 04-02-2012 06:05 AM

Janie...Gorgeous collection.....so many crisp color combinations and every block trimmed so neat and all the points are like they should be......Very, very nice....:)

deranged_damsel 04-02-2012 06:23 AM

:D :D :D pretty pretty pretty :D :D :D

JanieW 04-03-2012 06:03 AM

Thanks, everyone for your kinds words about my blocks. I had some concerns about the eclectic busy-ness because I am determined to use my stash. Your comments have made me feel much better about that. I think I will need very plain sashing and I am toying with the idea of not having corner stones.

wendiq 04-03-2012 07:03 AM

JanieW.....I can sure relate to your concern about the "busy-ness" factor. I, too, am using mostly stash and some of my combinations are a bit wild, but as can see from what everyone has posted here, they all go together. I think I will probably use a TOT sashing or a black to bring it all together...a very slim sashing....maybe 1/2"???? Not sure, but will probably use a small cornerstone also. Have to wait on that one and see how it looks. I have a black design wall so I can kind of see what it is going to look like......I feel confident that when I get to that point, the ideas here will abound and help me a bunch.......

dublb 04-03-2012 07:39 AM

Janie:I can't wait ta see what sashing ya come up with. It'll be beautiful. :thumbup:
Oh Windi, that black sounds wonderful. Black is my new favorite neutral. :thumbup:

mirabelle 04-03-2012 05:16 PM

JanieW your blocks are beautiful, you should be proud of them

janRN 04-06-2012 05:19 PM

Janie, I'm just getting caught up on all our threads. I love your blocks. You have a real nice balance of dark/light blocks. I'm doing mine like yours-using stash fabric and whatever I like for a particular block. A real mishmash LOL. I think someone here called it "dog's lunch". You did such a great job on your blocks-they all are the same size and lay so flat. That's going to be a great quilt.
I used black sashing on my FWS and want to do another color for PC but I keep going back to black. I guess there's still plenty of time to decide.

JanieW 04-06-2012 06:54 PM

wendi and Jan and dublb,

Thanks for your compliments. I am basically trying to use the colours Laurie used, but there are some variances. I am leaning to black for sashing as I think it will tie all those colours together. Still haven't decided on cornerstones.
I am looking forward to seeing more of everybody's blocks. I think I'm in withdrawal!