Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

QuiltE 04-06-2012 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 5122428)
I am looking forward to seeing more of everybody's blocks. I think I'm in withdrawal!

psssssst!
Stay Tuned!!!!! .... I'll help you with that problem ... hopefully tomorrow/Saturday! :D

gardnergal970 04-07-2012 04:55 AM

Wendig...I like your new avatar. I have all the makings for a purse but want to make sure I understand the pattern before I start cutting. I've sewn for years but some of the purse patterns don't seem to follow the same logic as dress patterns so I'm shifting gears to get them right.

wendiq 04-07-2012 06:38 AM

Thanks, Gardnergal.....yes, purse patterns can be challenging. I have the best luck with the Lazy Girl Designs....very graphic which is good for me. This particular one is "The Margo". Took me, 'cause I'm slow, about three days(off and on) to make. The cute piece on the front is an embroidery that one of the members here made for me. Isn't she the funniest????? I wasn't sure how to use it, but definitely wanted to so figured this would work!

QuiltE 04-07-2012 06:45 AM

GGal ... I cheated and took a course last year and made my first purse! Figured that was the easiest way to learn some of the how to's and why's ... and then after that it doesn't seem so intimidating.

WendiQ ... Would you be so kind as to show us a pic? I tried zooming though I can't figure out the embroidery work, other than can see it's cartoon'ish! Love the colours ... and was able to see it's spools of thread (I think?). Perfect for a QuiltingLady! :D

dublb 04-07-2012 05:25 PM

QuiltE - Ditto! I too would love ta see WindiQ's purse.
Windi - It's darling! Can't wait ta see that cute embroidery!

JeanieG 04-07-2012 06:52 PM

I broke down and made a mini Bow Tucks purse last fall. I just love it! I thought it was pretty easy to make. I carry it all the time, and have compliments on it.

QuiltE 04-07-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5124738)
I broke down and made a mini Bow Tucks purse last fall. I just love it! I thought it was pretty easy to make. I carry it all the time, and have compliments on it.

Oh please do show us!! .... mine wasn't a Bow Tucks!

JeanieG 04-07-2012 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the mini Bow Tucks I made. I made the straps longer as I like to wear my purses across my body, that way my shoulders don't start aching.

QuiltE 04-07-2012 08:01 PM

JeanieG .. what a good idea so that it works better for you! Looks like you did a really nice job on your first one. Now time to make a new one!!! :)

wendiq 04-08-2012 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm posting a picture of the embroidery for my "Margo" purse......