Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

JeanieG 04-08-2012 05:58 PM

Oh Jan, I just love the batiks in that bag. I'm sure your friend thinks warm thought of you whenever she loads it up to take for her sessions.

QuiltE 04-08-2012 07:54 PM

JanRN ... now that's a nice bag! I really like the mix of colours and fabrics. Looks like it's well constructed with a place for everything and everything in its place. With all that consideration, your friend will feel like you are right there with her! :)

QuiltE 04-08-2012 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Because you have all be such Good Little Girls .... some Easter Eye Candy for you!!!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326373[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 04-08-2012 08:01 PM

That is marvelous Quilt E. The blue blender really brings out the blues in the blocks. First landmark finished - next one at thirty!

QuiltE 04-08-2012 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5126810)
That is marvelous Quilt E. The blue blender really brings out the blues in the blocks. First landmark finished - next one at thirty!

Yes, first landmark done ... and almost at the 30-milestone! About 1/2 Confounded Rose to go, and I'm caught up with the group at 26 blocks! I looked tonight and gave a sigh of relief to see that this coming week's blocks are simpler than some of the ones I've been doing this weekend!

I thought I'd put the blue up on my design wall, and see how it looked. IF I go for the blue, I think it'd be best to be a little darker, yet still with some life to it. I had orignally thought of a rust colour, like I"ve been using for the pair photos. And not settled on any of them yet.

Any suggestions as to what other colours to try. Wonder, brown?

JeanieG 04-08-2012 10:15 PM

I have previewed a darker brown, then a charcoal grey - did not like either. Right now I have a multi toned brown blender up on my display wall. Not sure that one is right either. Oh well, something will pop up and I'll know it is the "right" one.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-09-2012 03:47 AM

Wonderful eye candy!! They look great, QuiltE!! And I love your yellow theme...sunshine all the way! Any earthy tone will match your yellow...sunshine and clear blue skies. Love the "cows". I will dig out my cheddar cheese pattern one day in the future.

janRN 04-09-2012 04:37 AM

Wow! Great job, QE. Nice balance of colors and contrast. I like the blue but agree maybe darker. When I was on our last FART the LQS had a wall of Jinny Beyer blenders.-gorgeous! There was a dark chocolate brown that you might like-it would really make your yellow pop. (Check out her website for the colors). Whatever you decide, it will be a beautiful quilt.

carriem 04-09-2012 05:05 AM

Very nice blocks QuiltE!! I too like the yellow with blue background--agreeing that maybe a little darker would be good.

QuiltE 04-09-2012 05:25 AM

Thanks Ladies, for your positive feedcback and sashing suggestions. The blue I was thinking, would be more the darker colours than what's on the board ... anything I had was too small, or just too dark! More like the blue in Best Friend ... and I don't have enough to even be bothered putting it up! I'll check my stash for a brown to try.

I'm intrigued with those two step sashings we were talking about in another thread, (1/4" frame then sashing) .... If I were to do that, what colours? Would the yellow be too much, with a dark 1/4" frame? Or would it just give a nice open fresh, summery look? (not sure if I'd have enough yellow, but think I might ....)

This is so nice to have friends to quilt with and I appreciate
Everyone of You SO much for your caring and sharing!!! ... other than my LQS, I really don't have anyone to work thru these things with. The one is very good, though I am never sure if she appreciates seeing my work when my stash is mostly not from her shop. I do try to give her a lot of my new business ... batting, FWS sashing, and of course, FQs that jump into my arms or other special fabrics that will work with PC!!