Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

gardnergal970 04-09-2012 05:46 AM

All of the bags are wonderful. I've looked at the Bow Tuck but thought I would try something different.

QuiltE...the blue makes all your other colors pop. I wouldn't go too much darker if you stay with the blue.

Jeanie...I found a swirly rust/dark brown with every shade in between that I'm using on my D9P. It's by Michael Miller and is just called CX 1087. My sashing is 2 inches and it addes such a richness to the design. Don't know how it would appear with a narrower sashing but it really works on this quilt.

wendiq 04-09-2012 06:05 AM

JeanieG....Isn't that the GREATEST bag pattern?! I've made two....a mini and a regular. Since I tend to carry my life in my purse, the regular is best for me.......Yours is lovely......I know you will get tons of use from it......The longer handles are great, too, for "cross dressing".....LOL! I usually wear mine across the body as well.....does take some of the stress off the shoulders......

QuiltE 04-09-2012 06:08 AM

Another great blender is the Michael Miller Krystal line (used in my FWS sashing) ... every colour/shade/tone you can imagine!!! I saw the sample book ... and it was more like a painters wheel of colours.

(I forget, but 148 seems to stick in my mind for the # of choices! Regardless of the # it was HUGE!)

dublb 04-09-2012 07:29 AM

QuiltE; How lovely! Blue is my favorite color so I'm gonna lean toward blue (though I agree a little darker.) If you wanted ta talk about tiny borders, my mind goes ta green. I'm not sure why. Tiny blue borders around the blocks, then green sashing. That would be the yellow, green, & blue all tagether. Or go across the color wheel & grab a maroon or red. This pop color would be great as the tiny border then the blue sashing. Just my ideas. Whatever ya do will be lovely.:)

QuiltE 04-09-2012 07:44 AM

hhmmmm!!!
Love all this zero calorie food for thought!!!!
Because I used green for my FWS, I don't think I'll be using green again. Not that I don't like it ... just like change!

Oh heck,
DublB, admit it ... you're just trying to get me into the ol' RW+B!!!
Seriously, I had thought about a brick or ruby red at one point, so you have got me thinking of those possibilities!

dublb 04-09-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5127789)
hhmmmm!!!
Love all this zero calorie food for thought!!!!
Because I used green for my FWS, I don't think I'll be using green again. Not that I don't like it ... just like change!

Oh heck,
DublB, admit it ... you're just trying to get me into the ol' RW+B!!!
Seriously, I had thought about a brick or ruby red at one point, so you have got me thinking of those possibilities!

:DOh yeah! Ya got me all figured out. I'm tryin' ta suck ya in.:D Seriously Your quilt is going ta be beautiful, & I do like the blue.

gardnergal970 04-09-2012 03:00 PM

Another line of good blenders in many colors is Fusions by Robert Kaufman. My LQS probably has 20 different shades or more. In fact I have a blue FQ that just might be the ticket for your sashing, QuiltE. It's d# 12141 in that line.

QuiltE 04-09-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5128695)
Another line of good blenders in many colors is Fusions by Robert Kaufman. My LQS probably has 20 different shades or more. In fact I have a blue FQ that just might be the ticket for your sashing, QuiltE. It's d# 12141 in that line.

Yes .... aren't Fusions grand fabrics? I have some of them, none of the blue. Yet! Is it one of the metallic Fusions? or not? One of my LQS' has Fusions ... I think the blue too. Will have to check it out when I am next there.

gardnergal970 04-10-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5128850)
Yes .... aren't Fusions grand fabrics? I have some of them, none of the blue. Yet! Is it one of the metallic Fusions? or not? One of my LQS' has Fusions ... I think the blue too. Will have to check it out when I am next there.

No it isn't metallic.

QuiltE 04-10-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5129716)
No it isn't metallic.

Good News! ... as I think the bling would be over the top for the sashing. :)
Thanks ... and will be searching it out!