Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

dublb 03-20-2012 02:06 PM

Deranged: what beautiful blocks!!! The blue & off white are great together.:thumbup:

QuiltE 03-20-2012 05:15 PM

DDamsel ... absolutely stunning, with the blue and white combo!!
And I can't wait to see more!!! of them.

oksewglad 03-20-2012 05:58 PM

DDamsel that's going to one awesome quilt. Your color scheme is so soothing. Watch those late campfire chats--these blocks may come up missing:shock:

Ok, I said no more roadtrips for a while, but what do you say when your quilt buddy calls and says "Let's go, I need to get outta here." You fast forward the bookwork so only the necessary bills get in the mail, take a quick shower and make a dash. Yup we went roadtripping. LQS about an hour away is moving--big reduction sale. On the way another LQS is selling out--bummer. Checked my bank account and you know the rest of the story. And didn't look for sashings either--excuse for another expedition as shop hops are starting to bloom here too. I have met my 6 month fabric quota ahead of schedule, but fabric on sale is an investment, right?

QuiltE 03-20-2012 06:18 PM

Well when your buddy calls, you just "have" to go to keep her on the right path. Heck she might have found some other shop to go to other than an LQS!!

As for .... Fabric Quota? ... hahahahahaha!

So what did you get?????????????? :)

wendiq 03-21-2012 06:07 AM

WOW! Deranged....those blue and white blocks look so nice....very calming......must have been fun to put together......

Honchey 03-22-2012 04:40 AM

Hi DD, When introduced to quilting oh so many years ago I decided to take a beginners class...the penciling in 1/4" seams,cutting with scissors and then having to sew by hand...it was so intimidating....but I did it..didn't like to but I perservered and did finish it all. I couldn't wait to get to my sewing machine after that...I did learn alot and when I can't do a seam by machine I will resort to hand piecing.....I have soooooooooooo much Respect for you being able to do what you do with needle and thread. If you remember I did one or two for the first FWS Quilt-along and it really was quite difficult for me as I have some of that fellow "arthur" in my fingers. I am just so amazed to see such beautiful work.. Kudos to you for keeping alive the tradition of Handpiecing the old fashioned way. Just beautiful...H.

deranged_damsel 03-22-2012 07:28 AM

Thanks all for the compliments :D I really am enjoying these quilt blocks :D

I am doing a combination of hand sewing and machine piecing with this one.

thanks trail boss H. I credit/blame my mother for my hand sewing skills... I started sewing by hand at age 8, she would not allow me to use her sewing machine without SUPERvision, she didnt want me breaking it, so naturally.... I used it when she was gone for the day.. at 15 I was needing to replace the sleeves in my dress and she could not find time to help me with it... so I did it when she was gone and showed it to her when she returned. after her surprise and shock that I had done as good of a job as she could.. she gave me permission to use the machine when I wanted :D :D :D

I am TRYING to learn PP and machine quilting... but both are difficult for me, returning to hand sewing and hand quilting it much easier :D

QuiltE 03-22-2012 05:20 PM

What a story DDamsel!
and what an accomplishment for your first sewing experience. Skills learned all from observation!!! :)
It's nice that you haven't left your hand sewing skills behind ... that could have happened all too easily.'

I really respect you (and anyone) who does the handwork. I just can't even fathom the idea of doing a whole quilt by hand!

Blue Bell 03-24-2012 04:30 PM

Awesome! The blocks are all just perfect.

LovingIzabella 03-26-2012 03:55 PM

DD love those blocks!
You all have done an amazing job and inspire me so. I only have a gajillion blocks to do to catch up..but maybe....
Hugs
April