Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

gardnergal970 03-11-2012 04:52 AM

Termi and ArteEmCasa...your groupings are lovely. Such a treat to see this morning.

carriem 03-17-2012 05:28 PM

only 4 blocks but need opinions

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all! I wasn't sure where to post this but figured since there was some talk about "sashing" on this thread it would be an ok place to ask. I have 4 blocks done and am thinking about sashing/cornerstones as I will be going to a couple quilt shops Monday that may sell KT fabrics I don't have locally. Here is what I am thinking red for sashing and light green/teal for the cornerstones. What do you think?

Carrie

carriem 03-17-2012 05:32 PM

BTW, I should have mentioned Monday a couple friends and I are driving to a guild meeting a little over an hour away to meet/hear Laurie Aaron Hird and see her complete FW and FWPC quilts. We are very excited! :)

Carrie

LovingIzabella 03-17-2012 05:43 PM

WOW! This was such an inspiring thread to read through and see all of the beautiful blocks so far. I cannot wait for my book to get her. Looking at everyone elses blocks has made me go oo I can use this horse fabric for that block, and this one for that one... I want my book and I want it NOW!! LOL
Are the blocks 6" blocks?
Hugs
April

carriem 03-17-2012 05:45 PM

April--blocks will finish at 8"

JeanieG 03-17-2012 06:47 PM

We have a great group Izabella and have loads of fun! I know the feeling of wanting it NOW! I'm that way too! I have no patience at all!

oksewglad 03-17-2012 06:51 PM

This is just the place for those blocks, Carrie! They look wonderful. IMHO the red is good, but maybe one which reads more solid. That way the sashing will frame each block to stand on their own. Do you follow what I mean?
DH and I are headed that way tomorrow, but to look at a piece of farm machinery. Too bad it isn't Monday! Have a great time.
April once your book arrives you're going to be spending all day making fabric choices. Isn't that fun?

carriem 03-17-2012 07:08 PM

Yes, I was thinking more solid red too...I just happened to have that FQ out and thought "oh I kind of like that color with all the blocks". I will be looking for something with less print Monday in that shade. I am planning to make 2 twin quilts with my blocks for a bed in our living room (trading them out now and then), so the other sashing I am thinking is something more orange/rust, like the fabric used in A Boy's Playmate.

QuiltE 03-17-2012 07:29 PM

CarrieM .... Looks like your migraine has your brain thinking real clear now! I too think the colour is great, and agree on the read more solid choice .... what I call a nothing print! :) Take your blocks along with you and any of your other fabrics you want to use, to audition with fabrics you see. Picking your sashing early will let you coordinate your fabrics to the sashing ... and avoid some that just may not have as much positive effect!

Great job on the blocks ... and with them quilted already! Way to Gooooo!!

dublb 03-17-2012 11:35 PM

Oh Carrie, they are great! That red will be great when you find it in a blender. Good eye!