Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-1st-milestone-15-block-show-tell-t181065.html)

Termi 04-10-2012 06:12 AM

QuiltE, I just saw your milestone photo. Wow, it looks wonderful, sooo pretty!! I love that shade of blue around the blocks. I think that would be gorgeous!

oksewglad 04-10-2012 10:12 AM

Oh so much chatting going on!
Janie-love your first 15-those greens really make things pop. IMHO use more of this shade in a few blocks.
QE wonderful blocks. Like the blue-but agree darker would be better. Love the Fusions fabrics too. Yes bling too over the top LOL
And the bags, ladies. Looking good. Went to a guild workshop and started my bright bold bag. Almost done and will share when I get it finished hopefully today.

QuiltE 04-10-2012 10:24 AM

Thanks Termi and OKSGlad!

I found some coffee bean fabric last night that I'm going to audition. Might be darker than I want.

OKSGlad ... looking forward to seeing your ♫♪♪All things bright and beautiful bag!♪♪♫ :)

QuiltE 04-21-2012 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5128695)
Another line of good blenders in many colors is Fusions by Robert Kaufman. My LQS probably has 20 different shades or more. In fact I have a blue FQ that just might be the ticket for your sashing, QuiltE. It's d# 12141 in that line.

Bingo!! I think it's THE one. Thanks for the suggestion, GGal!

Our two LQS' Mini Shop Hop is this weekend, and I bought a FQ yesterday of Fusions Mist, and of MM Krystal. The Fusions was a winner IMHO. Didn't have my blocks with me, and may let them go on a FART tomorrow, to help make their choice! Fabrics are all 20% off during the Hop.

Haven't been thinking of the cornerstones, but wonder, what about a deep red?

Bad week for me in the fabric acquisition department ... I swear I have an addiction.
More on all that later!!!!!!!

JeanieG 04-21-2012 01:36 PM

Oh I am another "lover" of Kaufman Fusions. In fact the brown fabric around the horse in Krystal Star is a fusion!

QuiltE 04-21-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5159869)
Oh I am another "lover" of Kaufman Fusions. In fact the brown fabric around the horse in Krystal Star is a fusion!

I hadn't seen this Mist line of Fusions ... and was only familiar with the metallic ones. I know we'd auditioned this line for the FWS but the green just had too much brightness and yellow coming thru that it was soon set aside. I think this one is going to be perfect ... so long as I don't all of a sudden change directions and go with a different colour all together!

grannyQ 05-02-2012 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Will now upload my first 15 blocks minus 2 that I will redo in the future.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]332400[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 05-02-2012 10:47 AM

Beautiful work, GrannyQ!
Are you thinking the white for sashings? or?

JeanieG 05-02-2012 10:54 AM

Oh my, those are beautiful GrannyQ! I'm another one who loves blue!

Anael 05-02-2012 11:21 AM

Wow grannyq, those blocks are beautiful!