Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

dublb 08-22-2021 04:30 AM

I have been home for more'n a month. My dog was so mad at me for leaving her that she ignored me for a couple of days. Like a cat. I have been getting up early to walk her so as to not have to do it in the heat.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-30-2021 06:25 AM

Dog days of summer continue hot and dry. Back in the quilting room today for awhile. Shocking news!

dublb 08-30-2021 07:50 AM

I am also having the same kinds of days. I picked up 3 more sewing machines yesterday to work on.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-25-2021 06:39 AM

Sun is shinning, and its a nice weather day. I am facing another birthday on the 27th, with the 79th year. Wow I was young yesterday, now I have good memories. I have not wen a quilt in the last 3 - 4 years, and keep starting one, but fail to complete them. Eye sight bothers me, and I just pet the fabric. DH discourages me unless its mending something for him. No longer have the pleasure of going shopping with a quilting friend who encourage me before. Life goes on.

sewbizgirl 09-25-2021 12:44 PM

Hope you have a great 79th birthday on the 27th, Sue! Wish you could find another quilting friend.

We are getting geared up to go close on a house in Memphis, where our granddaughter is. We bought it as a second home so we could go and stay longer. I want it to be a real granny home for little Ivy to come spend time with me. Will be splitting my time between there and home in Mississippi.The closing is Wed, the 29th.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-26-2021 07:12 AM

Thanks, SBG. Congrats on the new second house. May it ring with laughter and love throughout the whole house.

sewbizgirl 09-26-2021 02:52 PM

That is a wonderful blessing, QNS. Thank you!

givio 11-27-2021 10:17 AM

It's been a while since I came to chat here. I've been sick for months and not doing any sewing. My sister gave me a Ginghers embroider scissors and I use it to snip threads when chain piecing, etc. I grew some zinnias this summer. I'll bet those were gorgeous down your driveway, QNS!

dublb 11-27-2021 05:32 PM

I have had covid. I started coughing 4 weeks ago yesterday. I got it from my DM & I gave it to my DH. We drove to Odessa to get an infusion the next Friday. I totally believe that it saved us. I am asthmatic & so is my 79 yro DM. While all of us are now "Covid free" I still have extreme fatigue. DH & DM both are feeling much better. I am the last one feeling so very tired. They do get tired also but not as bad as I do. I felt a bit better this morning but was wiped out by noon.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-02-2021 07:31 AM

Sorry you are feeling tired, Dublb. Thank goodness you all survived the Covid. May a bit of Texas Sunshine give you your strength back.

Yes, Givio, the zinnias were pretty and was my dh pride and joy. He is collecting seeds for next year, we will see what happens then...if they grow.

Merry Christmas to all, may it be merry and bright. Look for the shinning bright spots in every dark cloud; I am still looking for mine. With strong faith, hope and prayers may I accept with grace what I cannot change and count my blessings.