Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilters Magazine "Bitty Blocks" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilters-magazine-bitty-blocks-t259348.html)

Beebonnet 02-23-2015 09:04 AM

I am taking about 11 cut and ready to sew basket blocks to my quilt retreat today. Hopefully will finish them up while there. I will take photos of them and the bow ties when I return and by then we should be on to the new ones in March.
Somewhere I read that she will show us different layouts for these adorable blocks.

eyes 02-24-2015 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 7087493)
What fun! I'll join in. But I may just do one block each and make a tiny sampler quilt. Anyone else?

My plan also as I love small quilts.

Redtop 03-01-2015 10:58 AM

Tomorrow is the first Monday and I understand we will get the March block then. I'm not ready, I have only 10 baskets completed and Oh My they are soooo darn cute. Can't wait to see what the March block will be
All the pictures are great.

Redtop 03-02-2015 05:53 AM

Have you found the March block???? It will be quick and easy---although I'm adding windows and maybe a door.
I read that some can't easily find the directions. This is what I do
Go to quiltmaker.com
On the top bar click on blogs
click on Quiltmaker Editors Blog
This takes you to "Quilty Pleasures"
Hope this helps...I'm not receiving a message when the new blocks are posted either
This week there is info about options on row size and #of blocks needed for a larger quilt

gramquilter2 03-02-2015 09:08 AM

The new bitty block "mini house" is up as are the layout ideas. This will be a fun block and I too am adding windows and doors.

katybob 03-02-2015 12:34 PM

I'm adding doors, but I'm not sure about windows yet.

Redtop 03-02-2015 03:54 PM

I've started making the houses, they are very quick to make... I won't be adding windows-the blocks are too small. I think we would have to paper piece and I'm NOT paperpiecing unless I have to.

Honchey 03-03-2015 07:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Jenny & Me, I happened on this thread last week and then wanted to make some from 2.5" squares left over from a long ago project..I didn't have enough of every color for the "knots" so I cut a 2.5" square twice diagonally..It was a little bit of work figuring out the placement of the corners.. I have nine finished and one lost finished block..It's somewhere and I can't find it :D I have nine more cut & pinned and ready to sew...These are fun to do.. they do lay flatter when the last seam is opened and pressed.. I still have to do that..hmmm, I have to check the ironing board for the 10th block..

Redtop 03-03-2015 09:33 AM

Honchey I love your fabrics. Very nice

Honchey 03-03-2015 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have finished the rest of the Bowties...I now have 18 plus 2 I can't find right now:)