Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Teen 05-13-2018 07:52 AM

Happy Mother's Day, ladies......and Happy Birthday, Cathy!

Anael....gorgeous pictures. I would love to see that castle up close and personal. I love old architecture and the history behind them. Looks like you did good on your ride.....the swans were breathtaking.

Anael 05-13-2018 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday Cathy!!

Thanks ladies ;) We were close to the castle and I took some photos but the red entrance gate didn't look that well in the pictures so I tossed them. No way to make those disappear, not even with Photoshop LOL.

Here's another swan for you Teen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594369[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 05-13-2018 02:02 PM

I also love swans. My bedroom is decorated with them.

In case you were curious, my husband bought me a red popcorn bowl. I eat popcorn as a snack quite often so that will be nice instead of eating it out of the bag and making a mess. He also bought me a holster for my new pistol and a chocolate bar.

I bought myself a quilt kit, magnetic pin holder and a cd of embroidery designs - all of these were with a 25% off birthday coupon from my LQS.

I've spent the day putting backings together with all the quilt tops I had ready. one more to go and the whole lot can be hauled out to the LA shed. Then I'll have no quilt tops in the house, though my stack of quilts waiting to be bound is growing.

Teen 05-13-2018 02:55 PM

Oh....Anael....that is a beautiful picture. You are so good with a camera.

Cathy....sounds like you had a lovely birthday and your hubbie knows you so well! He's a great shopper. What kit did you pick out? I've only made a couple of quilts using kits but some kits are just perfect selections of colors that's it's hard to just buy a pattern and compete with the kit colors. Connecting threads new catalog came out and there is a kit in it I have my eye on. You've really hustled on those quilt tops. Will feel so good when there is no more backlog of quilts, however, I'm sure your antsy to start something new. I know I would be.

with Mothers Day and church today, I did not get to sew.....dang! My borders are cut for SBS....so, this week is my challenge for myself. Get r' done...

Anael 05-13-2018 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, looks like you had a wonderful day!

One more swan :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594392[/ATTACH]

Teen 05-13-2018 04:29 PM

OMGoodness! Gorgeous picture. Makes me want to try an art quilt.

Anael 05-14-2018 04:17 AM

So, Teen, very soon you'll show us your Swan art quilt? :D

DonnaPea 05-14-2018 05:41 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Enjoyed the beautiful pictures from Anael, especially the one of the castle. Macybaby - happy belated birthday to you. I love popcorn too! Had a good Mother's Day -we had our first picnic of the year after church yesterday, & I enjoyed eating outside & watching my grandchildren play on the playground of the nice park we went too. Hope your Mother's Day was special too. Anael - do you celebrate that in the Netherlands?

Here's what happened in my sewing room over the weekend. And I am now officially over the half-way point on blocks! It's almost a charm quilt - other than the background fabric, I have only used the same fabric once (seemed like the thing to do at the time). A 99% charm quilt. Not sure I can make it through the rest of the blocks without another repeat, but we shall see. I didn't consider F-2 (Fool's Puzzle) especially difficult, but it sure took a while to cut all the pieces out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]594414[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-14-2018 06:11 AM

Congrats DonnaPea on getting halfway there!! Now you can count backwards :)
Well done on your blocks. Great fuzzy cutting on D2 !!
I hated F2!!

Yes we celebrate Mother's Day too. My youngest son was here with his wife and the grands. We had a lovely time together. I'm a bit like my mother who always said that, if we didn't appreciate her during the rest of the year, she didn't care for that one particular day LOL. It goes without saying we didn't celebrate Mother's Day at home hahaha!

Blue Bell 05-14-2018 06:14 AM

Enjoy looking at your blocks. You certainly have a knack for putting fabrics together. Your blocks are so pretty.