Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

DonnaPea 05-24-2018 10:14 AM

NZquilter - a patriotic Sylvia sounds beautiful. Glad your book is here - isn't it fun to flip through it, see all the fun that lies ahead?

Teen 05-24-2018 01:31 PM

NZ..ooooh....I love the patriotic theme....that will look fantastic. Super excited to see it unfold. Your journey awaits when you are ready. This was such a fun project and you sew beautifully. Will be eye catching, for sure.

Macybaby...wow...lovely gardens. Looks like a lot of work but fun planning layout and planting. I will need to learn a whole new climate of plants when I move. The state of Idaho encourages natural habitat planting and offer many programs for new builders (free plants!!!)... I went to the botanical garden there and took pictures of many plants I liked. We'll see what comes of it..

I have almost finished clipping SBS and will be pressing tomorrow, hopefully. I'll get a picture before I take to LA and share with you guys. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Simple border design but I think just enough....if it's not, too bad.....lol! I'm not sewing another thing on this baby...

Teen 05-24-2018 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my Sylvia... I originally just did 2 opposite corners, but when I laid it out, I decided to do all four. Glad I took the time to do that... She's going to LA next week...

NZquilter 05-24-2018 04:51 PM

Teen, it's so, so beautiful!!! It was worth the wait to see while you added the borders. Wow! You must be very proud of your accomplishment!

oksewglad 05-24-2018 06:16 PM

Gorgeous, Teen...the applique frames it so well!

Blue Bell 05-24-2018 06:29 PM

Teen, Your quilt is outstanding. So beautiful. I, too, love the applique border. Blue is my favorite color, so if you tire of this quilt, send it along to ME!

Anael 05-24-2018 09:02 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's stunning Teen!!!!!!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!

DottyD 05-25-2018 01:51 AM

Oh my goodness Teen - your Sylvia is FAB - U - LOUS - I would so love to see it in the flesh. Congratulations, the colours are wonderful and the border is so lovely. You must be so thrilled -- ? Houston ? You definitely should enter her into an exhibition !!!! Stunning x

DonnaPea 05-25-2018 06:27 AM

Teen - I have spent the last several minutes just sitting here admiring your beautiful Sylvia. You were right - the applique in the 4 corners is the perfect ending to this oh-so-lovely quilt. I agree with Dotty - definitely needs to be entered in some exhibitions. As we say in Tennessee - ya done good! It was fun to be in on the process with you and now see the final product. NZquilter - looking forward to the same with you.

Anael 05-25-2018 06:46 AM

Teen, I think we need a close up of the appliqué!