Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Judith1005 06-05-2018 04:14 AM

DonnaPea, I'm so sorry to hear about your wounded warrior. I will be sending up prayers for him. Enjoy your time with your granddaughter. Who knows, maybe you will share the quilting bug with her. It's never too early start if they are interested with your supervision. If not, I'm sure you'll eek out a little you time here or there. Enough to wet your whistle anyway. I see you've added quite a few blocks since the last time I commented. I just love the colors your using. It's going to be a great scrappy quilt when finished. Have you given any though to if you will border the blocks or leave them as is.

Anael and Teen, your GTSB are coming along nicely. I love the two different color ways. I will have to check out the pattern again on Google or Pinterest.

Judith1005 06-05-2018 04:20 AM

Nice blocks Aunt Jo. Your stitching is lovely.

Judith1005 06-05-2018 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8070489)
Very nice!

I'm jealous of your nice blocks, I have not done any piecing since finishing my border quilt, and that didn't have much piecing to it anyway.

I've been trying real hard to catch up on quilting, and hope to keep caught up once I get there. I've got quite a bit done and now have a stack of unbound quilts!

I feel your pain. I haven't allowed myself to start any new projects until I finish a LOT of UFO's first. And, of course, keeping up with my swap commitments. But, I'm not letting myself join anymore swaps then the Postcard Swap after them as well. I want this year to be my year of finished quilt. So far, I have 4 completed quilts. I have a goal for at least 8 by the end of November. And, time is slipping away fast. I am saving my new starts for next year. (Along with finishing up at least 6 more UFO's then as well.)

DonnaPea 06-05-2018 07:01 AM

Judith - thanks for your kind words. I'm still pondering how to put all these blocks together. I'm leaning toward sashing of the same cream that I am using as the background, with cornerstones. I had thought about black sashing, decided it's just too harsh. Still not sure about the outer borders. It's such a large quilt and already so colorful that I may just leave them plain. My gd is showing some interest in needles & thread; last night she rearranged my pincushion. Think I will get her some scraps to play around with.

Auntjo - love your blocks! Grandmother's Fan is next on my list. Are you using a particular color scheme, or are you going scrappy too?

Anael & Teen - my next stop on this board this morning will be the new thread. I will be following your new quilts with great interest. And NZ quilter, good luck with your move. I know that is never an easy process. Would love to see the patriotic blocks when you have some time to spare and post them.

And welcome home to Teen's Sylvia! I'm eager to see your totally completed project.

Anael 06-05-2018 07:13 AM

DonnaPea, maybe you can make a group picture of your blocks and post it here? We might be able to give you some advice......if that's helpful remains to be seen .......... :D

Anael 06-05-2018 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I said I wouldn't purchase any fabrics but I came across some that I just had to have LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595551[/ATTACH]
I think it's perfect for my Gypsy Wife.

Judith1005 06-05-2018 09:22 AM

Anael, I think your fabrics will be perfect for your Gypsy Wife also. They are pretty and bright. They Make me smile. What color are you thinking of for the strip parts?

Anael 06-05-2018 09:33 AM

Thank you Judith, that's what I thought too :)
I have no idea what color. I keep thinking about those strips but still no clue. I think I will make all the blocks first, lay them out and decide on the strips.

NZquilter 06-05-2018 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anael, I love buying fabric too, LOL!! those colors will be great for the Gypsy Wife quilt!

Teen, pleeeaaase show us a picture of your SBS quilt today? I really am excited for you!

Let's hope my picture of my blocks comes through; I am using my DH computer and it has a personality of its own... I am starting from the beginning of the book, in alphabetical order. I figured that way when new fabrics get added in, which happens in all my quilts, everything will hopefully flow together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595567[/ATTACH]

I have told myself if I am a good girl and pack half the kitchen this afternoon I will be allowed to make another block tonight :D (I'm going to be a good girl!)

Anael 06-05-2018 11:31 AM

Oh NZ, those are gorgeous!!!!! Go pack your kitchen so you can sew more blocks :D