Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 06-03-2018 03:02 PM

Beautiful blocks auntjo! Even with zigzag :D
We have discussed the Appliquick method but that might be too hard on your hands too? Maybe as long as you can manage the pillow method that might be the way to go.

Darcyshannon 06-03-2018 09:15 PM

They are both pretty. The second one is less bright than the first but I think they go nicely together.

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 8069581)
So here are two more Gypsy blocks. Tell me, is the last one too much toned down?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595379[/ATTACH]

Anael 06-04-2018 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my A1/Beans 1 :D :D Totally different from the Gypsy blocks. I need to use up some of the flower fabrics I have and not liking them very much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595439[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 06-04-2018 05:09 AM

Nice block Anael. It is very different from your brights. But, I do like the green center. It seems to pull the block altogether. Besides, I think once you finish and there is continuity with the floral prints, the quilt will come together. It's just very different from the brights.

Anael 06-04-2018 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Judith. I did it once before, florals and stepping out of my bright comfort zone and I ended up making a second quilt with bright(er) colours haha! So I see another Green Tea and Sweet Beans in my future, a very bright one LOL. This is the second block I made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595444[/ATTACH]

Anael 06-04-2018 05:50 AM

I'm now a member of the Gypsy Wife Quilt Group on Facebook. Maybe there's a GTSB group too, I will do a search :)

Anael 06-04-2018 06:31 AM

The Gypsy book has been dispatched, hopefully it will be here tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait to get it!! Mace, you're in again?

Anael 06-04-2018 08:58 AM

What about asking the admins if we could have a Jen Kingwell thread? Or we can set up a picture thread of the Kingwell blocks we made. Any thoughts?

Judith1005 06-04-2018 09:46 AM

That's probably a really good idea Anael.

DonnaPea 06-04-2018 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh, fun! Some more pretty blocks to admire, and they're not that terribly different from SBS. Love all these polka dots and bright pretty colors! And a patriotic SBS coming down the pike - what an interesting thread! Your works inspires me, ladies.

Had my husband's retirement dinner last night. He was very pleased and surprised by his book, which came out great. Very busy weekend, only squeezed in 2 Sylvia blocks. Doubt I will get many done until the weekend, as my redheaded soon-to-be-6 year old gd is staying with me while the rest of her family is scattered. Dad is a Wounded Warrior in residential physical therapy, Mom & brother in Washington DC helping my other daughter & her husband move & unpack there. Our family is a little crazy these days...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595479[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595480[/ATTACH]