Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 09-13-2018 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A photo I took today. Thought I share it with you. Reminds me of summer. The weather is still great and will be for the next few days.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600965[/ATTACH]

Teen 09-13-2018 03:32 PM

Auntjo....you selected some very cool blocks to finish off this project. So excited to see this quilt assembled with your sashing ideas...

Anael...beautiful pic....looks like a postcard

auntjo 09-13-2018 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks all for the feedback on these blocks. I'm gonna miss working on them - or having them to work on in the background. Anael, love your pics. Discovered tonite that I can get much better pics of the quilting I'm doing on my Gd's quilt w/my phone camera than my digital camera - finally. Almost halfway there. I'm kinda jazzed w/what is happening so far !! This is a first for me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]600986[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 09-14-2018 04:24 AM

Wowzers AuntJo, that is a show stopper!! You should be Jazzed! It looks fabulous.

Anael 09-14-2018 04:41 AM

WOWWWWWWW
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!

DonnaPea 09-14-2018 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AND we have a flimsy! So thrilled to have this baby sewn together, ready to add a border and start quilting. I would appreciate your input. It is plenty long enough as is for a king size bed, because of the sashing I used (3" before sewing), just needs a 12" border on the sides to make it wide enough. I am considering just putting borders on the sides and binding the top & bottom as is. Otherwise a 12" border on the top & sides will just be overkill, even hang on the floor. I have never done this type of border before - but then again, I've only made twin & queen size quilts. Your opinions?

Love your picture, Anael, and love your quilting, Auntjo. This has been such an enjoyable thread to be a part of.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]601016[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 09-14-2018 12:19 PM

DonnaPea, it came out really great! Your cream background and beige cornerstones really frame these blocks perfectly. It's your border, you can do it any way you want. If it was me, I would do a small border at the top and bottom of about 3.5" and your larger borders on the sides. But, like you, I only make small to queen size quilts. I never make king size. I only think the 3.5" border in cream to make everything cohesive. Plus, do you tuck in the bottom? I do on my bed. So, I like a border on the bottom so more of the quilt shows. If it's a bit too big, you can just go over the pillows on the bed instead of under. These are just suggestions and my personal opinion. You do what's right for you. I wonder what others will suggest???

Anael 09-14-2018 12:40 PM

Wow DonnaPea, that looks wonderful!!!! Congrats on finishing!! A job very well done!

I did a small border in the color of the corner stones and a wider one in the color of the sashings. I would have to measure them as I don't remember the width of them.

Thanks for the compliments on my picture ladies :)

DonnaPea 09-14-2018 12:48 PM

Good suggestions, ladies. As I look at it more, I'm considering this: taking 2 rows off the length (it would still be plenty long enough), adding one row each to each side. I will need to come up with 4 more blocks to even the quilt out, but could then have a more consistent border size all the way around. I think I might like that better, but I am still very open to suggestions!

oksewglad 09-14-2018 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 8126790)
DonnaPea, it came out really great! Your cream background and beige cornerstones really frame these blocks perfectly. It's your border, you can do it any way you want. If it was me, I would do a small border at the top and bottom of about 3.5" and your larger borders on the sides. But, like you, I only make small to queen size quilts. I never make king size. I only think the 3.5" border in cream to make everything cohesive. Plus, do you tuck in the bottom? I do on my bed. So, I like a border on the bottom so more of the quilt shows. If it's a bit too big, you can just go over the pillows on the bed instead of under. These are just suggestions and my personal opinion. You do what's right for you. I wonder what others will suggest???

I agree, Judith..good suggestions! Lovely finish, DonnaPea