Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Teen 08-05-2019 02:15 PM

Just stunning, auntjo! Love the colors... Hoping all goes well with your friends surgery and you finally find the home of your dreams. Welcome to the great Northwest!! Again, beautiful finish and so happy for you! Congratulations!

Macybaby 08-06-2019 09:44 AM

very nice! And happy birthday too!

oksewglad 08-06-2019 11:57 AM

Oh fantastic finish...I, too, like the double sashing between blocks.

On another note, the pipe hanging your quilt is a great idea. Not only a great photo spot, but hang a vinyl backed table cloth for a design wall. If you have several WIP's you can take the cloth down and put up a new one....hmm this has me thinking!

betthequilter 08-07-2019 06:30 AM

What a masterpiece! You should be so proud. Happy Belated Birthday. Good luck on your move.

thimblebug6000 08-08-2019 07:14 AM

Nice to check back on this thread and see everyone's quilts coming together, I did enjoy the blocks we stitched and still have a small quilt top left to quilt.

giquilt 08-20-2019 07:37 PM

This is stunning. So glad you have got her together!

auntjo 08-21-2019 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8285877)
Oh fantastic finish...I, too, like the double sashing between blocks.

On another note, the pipe hanging your quilt is a great idea. Not only a great photo spot, but hang a vinyl backed table cloth for a design wall. If you have several WIP's you can take the cloth down and put up a new one....hmm this has me thinking!

There are two 4x8 flannel sheet covered foamboards (Home Depot, I think). That's where this quilt has lived the past several years while I pin up another sheet over the on-going project to pin new quilts together. Then you can hang the top when it's done or pin it on the others.

WendyMcD 08-22-2019 06:04 AM

I've never heard of this book/quilt and have been looking for just this! I was so happy to stumble across it today. I'm so glad ya'll are still here. I might have to make this quilt. I'm going to complete my Dear Jane first as I'm down to the last of the triangle border with the center complete and top sewn. Just need to really get a full head of steam up and go for it. Course all the easy ones are done. But today I got a referral (from here everyone's so helpful) to a site that has each of the patterns broken down. I started on it 20 years ago and have since been diagnosed with a bunch of stuff some of which mess with my head so I'm learning everything over again. Anyway, all that to say, love the quilt and need to make one. Is anyone else still working on it?

WendyMcD 08-22-2019 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaPea (Post 8099425)
Can't wait to see them together in a group shot :)

Here it is! I love seeing so few empty spaces.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598312[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

This is great! How on earth did you do this? Does it require a special program? Things sure have changed in 20 years since I worked most of my Dear Jane.

NZquilter 08-22-2019 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by WendyMcD (Post 8292463)
... Is anyone else still working on it?

I am!:wave: I'm not working on it "full time" just every now and then between other projects and when I need something different. I've made ten blocks so far and have cut out a couple more. I'm doing mine in Red White and Blue.