Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

wump 03-09-2014 09:57 AM

Giquilt pretty blocks. I'd thought about putting the sashing on but wasn't sure I'd have enough of the background and know I can't get anymore of it. Also thinking of corner stones not sure of color to use. Best get some more done and than see

mirabelle 03-10-2014 05:05 AM

giquilt I am adding my sashing as I go, I am using the same background fabric throughout so that is my sashing and I just have to make up my mind for my cornerstones. Having made the Farmers Wife Sampler quilt where I made all 111 blocks and then sewed the sashing, I had to have a better plan so when I made the Farmers Wife Pony Club quilt which was only 90 blocks I added the sashing as I went. I use a safety pin to keep all my blocks together for their respective rows, and when I get 2 that go together I simply sew the sashing on. I am also doing this for Dear Jane, sew a couple of blocks and then sew some sashing. I hope that makes sense to you..

wump 03-10-2014 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my blocks for week 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466567[/ATTACH]

Anael 03-10-2014 10:28 AM

Oh wump, those are gorgeous! I love the colour combinations :)

mirabelle 03-10-2014 02:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My latest blocks, just have to remove that starch residue from the centre of my star:o

QuiltingNinaSue 03-10-2014 03:44 PM

Mirabelle, Best Press does not leave behind any residue behind. I order from Jo Ann's when it's half price by the gallon. Gee, do I ever have use for it with all that I am trying to do. Working with Dear Jane today...very slowly... and press with Best Press as I finish each one.

giquilt 03-10-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6619683)
Mirabelle, Best Press does not leave behind any residue behind. I order from Jo Ann's when it's half price by the gallon. Gee, do I ever have use for it with all that I am trying to do. Working with Dear Jane today...very slowly... and press with Best Press as I finish each one.

I like Best Press too. Didn't know JoAnn's has it. Will watch for sale when I need a new gallon. I used it today also, but on my this weeks Sylvia's blocks. Still trying to organize DJ.

mirabelle 03-10-2014 07:29 PM

We don't have Best Press, the best one to use is Crisp, the residue will just brush off, not a problem

wump 03-10-2014 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6619198)
Oh wump, those are gorgeous! I love the combinations :)

Thank you. Hoping I can keep the consistency. I have a hard time with color. :( Will see what I end up with. There are so many beautiful blocks here

Anael 03-10-2014 10:34 PM

Mirabelle, beautiful blocks!!! We don't have Best Press either nor Crisp. When I use too much of the starch I have it burns the fabrics :(