Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along >

Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Purl View Post
I have my book! But I am wondering how everyone will be treating the patterns that are too close to the center seam of the book. I have toyed with the idea of bringing it to Kinkos and have them exchange the glued binding for a spiral binding. I have thought about carefully removing the offending pages (3-4) before coping them. Any thoughts? There will be distortion otherwise. The book could be forced open until the binding breaks, but it still wouldn't be flat enough . Getting excited.
Purl

I was able to break the spine of my book & it was flat enough to put on my printer/copier (Kodak Hero 5.1). I didn't have any distortion on the copies I made. I have the spiral binding system that I've been thinking of doing on it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I bought it when I was putting together family tree calendars for Christmas gifts one year (several years ago) & it has been sitting in a desk drawer all this time. I've used it on some of my other books & it works great. I just forget I have it. Out of sight, out of mind! It is the same as Kinko's but a DIY spiral system.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 AM

I will try to join this group as I love to paper piece and I will use Aunt Gracie's 30ties fabric, since I am on a roll with that fabric right now.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM

I have done this to a book like the above. I carefully tore all the pages off. Then I went to Office Depot and used their binder to punch the holes and put a spiral in. I don't like for them to do it, because they cut the spine and you might loose some of the graphics or instruction. It is better to just break the spine and take the pages off. It's not hard. Just smash the book down in several places and the pages just come undone. You could also use a three hole punch and then put the book into a three hole binder. I have done that too.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:30 AM

I'm in. My book came today. I wasn't planning to do this, but mentioned it to my one true love, because of the title. He had given me a redbud tree in April because I had admired them on a trip to see him (it is long-distance, and a long story). I named the tree Rosie. So I told him about this BOM, and how I could not find the books at any stores nearby. He went online, ordered it, and it came today-what a surprise in the mail. I hope to be able to keep up, but look forward to joining you all.

marne
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by marne View Post
I'm in. My book came today. I wasn't planning to do this, but mentioned it to my one true love, because of the title. He had given me a redbud tree in April because I had admired them on a trip to see him (it is long-distance, and a long story). I named the tree Rosie. So I told him about this BOM, and how I could not find the books at any stores nearby. He went online, ordered it, and it came today-what a surprise in the mail. I hope to be able to keep up, but look forward to joining you all.

marne
Wonderful! You have such a thoughtful true love! What a nice surprise too. So nice to have you along for the fun.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
I will try to join this group as I love to paper piece and I will use Aunt Gracie's 30ties fabric, since I am on a roll with that fabric right now.

We would love to have you join us, Rosyhf. The Aunt Gracie's 30ties fabric will look awesome!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Hi LindaC...just wanted to let you know that I'm going to use the block you made for me in the Boomerang Swap into a pillow...It is so unique it has to stand alone front and center. Honchey
Please show a photo when you finish it.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Hi

I have got my book now and I am looking forward to starting this project. I have not done any paper piecing before so I am practising on a few block first before we start. These are the colours I am doing it in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]354417[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1010800.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Lyn Hut, love your fabric choices. They'll make lovely Rosie blocks! The color is so relaxing. Ready to snuggle up with a good book!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

My book is back from Kinko and ready to copy. Is anyone else thinking of doing the mini?