Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 04-08-2015, 05:15 AM

Yes white pine a bit of breakaway country. The next couple of rows will be the hard ones.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:58 AM

After Googling and seeing photos of breakaway country, painted desert, painted hills........you nailed it. What is your next row?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:26 AM

Hey guys I am back! should get one more month out of this thing with any luck at all. crossing fingers and toes.

love love love the aussie quilt! I think its stunning! wow your so good and so fast too! I am going to work on the sand ocean starting Friday as that is when the kids are gone and the first day no dialysis also. I had surgery on Monday and its worn me out pretty hard. the knock downs are pretty exhausting but the upside is you get good days you are so very thankful for afterwards. oh yes you are. I have this strong urge to try that curved stitch. you swear its simple guys right? not hard tons of clipping and stuff that must be done before hand. I have done the quarter circle one and that was hecka scary for me! came out lovely but oh so much work. hate to do four blocks with that much work in each and every single stitch! lol lazy I know. cant help myself. still scared about applique work on two lounge chairs. ugh. one would be bad enough. (chicken bock bock bock...) anyone else working on this please share! we would love to see what your doing!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:31 AM

stopped at the local quilt shop and found some great fencing for my beach. Showed off your pictures to the lady and she was very impressed with them all. Amazement was on her face; and she knew the difference with the outback, etc. All doing a great job.
Linda - just try cutting and sewing two twelve inch strips. don't make drastic curves, start out on nice easy wavy line. You can do it - much easier than a drunken path.
I am cheating - found my beach chairs online - they are iron applique ones - there are some things I know I can't do. Stitching on the beach grass will be enough of a challenge
Old 04-08-2015, 01:45 PM

Hi- it's been a while since I wrote. Life has just gotten in the way. I will attempt to post my rows 3 & 4. I am not happy with my 4th row -just doesn't look right. What's your opinion? My 3rd row is from one of Minnesota's Shop Hops a couple of years ago - they always have a fabric line available each year and it seemed to fit my theme so well. I will be FMGing around the various images on that fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516323[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 04:51 PM

Karamarie, love those colors.and the "postcards" are perfect.way to go.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:50 PM

karamarie its looking good. Everyones efforts are looking so different. My next row will be the mid distance. (using wavy or curved lines ) then my last row will be the foreground & applique.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 AM

I will try that curve it seems just so perfect for sand .. two rows then I quit if its not nearly as cool as yours is! lol. I am cutting tomorrow which excites me. think will do the rows then and gulp, will share my good bad or ugly results. a not deep curve maybe is easier to sew. I have done the drunken path block and it about took me out. came out great but cant imagine doing a row of them! yikes! also thinking maybe a row of squares and rectangles mixed so that the first two are combines might be a good combo also not sure. I really am open to advise. I am going to look for ready designed lounge chairs on beach fabric the trouble is finding the right scale. thinking I will use the one pictured and follow the design. one row of boards at a time lol til the darn thing is done! got my fabrics laid out on the kitchen table and so far.. haven't had to buy one! wow.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:42 AM

Can someone tell me why my picture ends upside on my post? It's right side up when I send it. Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 02:31 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516423[/ATTACH]
Here is my start of my Scrappy Project. Very outside of the box for me. This is the first cloud on my project row, so only half of the row so far. Don't know how it will look when it is done but I am having fun!!
Attached Thumbnails cloud.jpg