Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Quossom and create, those are fabulous, and I love the purple and yellow and much as the black. They are outstanding.

sewnso - take a look at the quilts on p 22, you will see they have the 4-1/2" with the accompanying rectangles that contain the points sewn on. Your colors are great.

labeelady - love the bees in your A print! Very pretty blocks.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 01-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM

And now I will add my confession of stupidity along with my two cents worth. I am an idiot. I designed it. I made the prototype. Then in my infinite wisdom I decided to make a king quilt and away I went to the cutting table. Came up with a size of 6 of the 16-1/2" blocks wide by 5 of them wide. I am sewing away, after all the 9-patch are done and all the rectangles have their different colored star points on them .... and as I begin to plan my scrappy back, I realize I made 5 blocks more than needed, an extra row of the width. I am an idiot. So now the good news is that I have the major part for a charity quilt, the bad part is I need to take apart most of the last row. I repeat, I am an idiot.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM

Now, now, paintmejudy...........we call that artistic license in my house........ALWAYS say, "I planned it that way!" and, remember, we ARE trying to use up stash!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 PM

*** FYI There is Decaff coffee and Belgian Truffles in the club car. ***I think it is time for a chocolate fix. I am a little behind as I have to finish resizing a Kilt by tomorrow. Almost done and then it's on to the border and stars. Love working on the train the motion is so relaxing.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM

If you are an idiot, then most of us can join you. I made 4 patches for a Bonnie Hunter quilt - when I was finished I had 48 left over. I made a donation quilt, but it didn't sell so I have a red and yellow quilt that is homeless. There are several other local donation sites it can go. I just haven't chosen one yet.

Loving all the step 2 quilts. Who would have thought big scraps would look so good??
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM

You are too sweet and nice.... but dedemac may have the answer: DECAFF COFFEE!!!!!! I know I had an extra cup this morning when I started to finish the last of the rows.

And I agree with Irish, beautiful quilts, aren't they? This is the reason I love love love scrappy.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Judy, can I use two fabrics of similar values if they totally different colors for A and B? It might be Spring by the time I finish this and the spring green and a light coral I came across look pretty together.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM

I picked almost the same colors for my starts and a bit lighter gold for the 12.5 pieces. Just could not do white/off white for some reason. will post pictures when I get a bit more done.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM

I finally can post a picture of my 9 patches. I was sure they were going to look awful with some of the colors I was using. But I like how it looks so far. I hope I can start the next step tomorrow night. I have 2 table runners to finish tonight. I have 7 finished and 2 more to quilt. One of the last 2 is mine. I have been making table runners for my mom for the last couple of years. I never know what to get her. SHe is 85. I think she has 10 now. She has fun playing with changing them and putting pretty stuff out of her china cabinet on them. I don't know what I am going to give her when I run out of table runners.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00992.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Judy, can I use two fabrics of similar values if they totally different colors for A and B? It might be Spring by the time I finish this and the spring green and a light coral I came across look pretty together.
Doesn't sound like a problem. The main thing is that you are happy!