Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Hmmm Anael, that give us something to think about . . .

was able to give the quilt to my friend this morning. I gave it to him folded up so could read the label first, then we held it up so he could see the front side. He was quite amazed that it was something that had personal meaning for him and said that made it extra special.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:35 PM

Lol, Anael.....very Freudian. I think I thought about that when in school but I don't recall.

Macybaby......precious picture and such a thoughtful gift. Looks like he's getting around good so I hope it's an indication he's on the mend. Your gift turned out lovely.

Tons of chores done today but still had time to work on silly wall hanging. All machine applique work done and the minimal piecing blocks done. Tomorrow, I'll assemble and start cutting out SBS borders....

I should probably clean the house after being gone so long but I did it before we left and still looks good. I'll just feather dust and call it good.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:42 PM

Bluebell...I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. You are popular...lol!!
Old 05-11-2018, 05:59 PM

You think so ladies?

What a beautiful picture Cathy! Hopefully he will be able to use his quilt for years to come.

Don't clean Teen, tomorrow all will still be there for you

Tomorrow I'm going on a 62 miles ride with my brother. My first, he's used to riding long distances. So I really should be in bed sleeping! Second time I'm wide awake and downstairs.
I'll post some photos when I'm back - or the day after tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Bluebell...I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. You are popular...lol!!
Please try again.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:17 PM

I finished up the silly wall hanging and posted a picture.... I keep giggling over it.

Silly applique wall hanging
Old 05-12-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
Please try again.
I PM'd you....forgive my misspelling of your name. I have an aunt with the same name but spelled differently and I didn't notice I typed it like hers.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:55 AM

I promised you a few pictures of yesterday's ride. I made it.......haha! It was a great ride.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594353[/ATTACH]
This is Steam Pumping Station Arkemheen, situated in one of the oldest polders in The Nethrlands. It's still working as you can see.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594354[/ATTACH]
Lots of flying..........swans

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594355[/ATTACH]
Muiden Castle, built in the late 13th century, demolished in 1300 and rebuilt in the 14th century.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594356[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594357[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails arkemheen-werkend-stoomgemaal1.jpg   het-lijkt-de-klm-wel1.jpg   slot-muiderberg1.jpg   wel-een-mooi-schip1.jpg   tja-waar-dit-ook-alweer1.jpg  

Old 05-13-2018, 02:14 AM

Craftsy is having a free weekend for Mother's Day. I started watching an Angela Walters class but boy, does she talk a lot!!! I'm getting tired just listening LOL. But she's sharing some interesting ideas about free motion quilting
Old 05-13-2018, 03:30 AM

Love your pictures Anael, and Teen, that wall hanging is a real hoot!

I've started watching Craftsy at 1.25 speed. I got the unlimited package with the free quilt and $25 coupon. I also have my tablet on the eliptical, so I watch while I walk. Have not done near as much as I should though, and need to get going on it.

I have knee, ankle and foot problems (from doing too many stupid things on horseback as a kid, most involved falling off and landing wrong ). I have to wear shoes all the time now and it took me a while to get use to sewing with shoes on, I'd always done it without before. But that limits the amount of walking I can do, and even minor bicycling will result in serious knee pain. But I can go for miles on the elliptical but the view gets boring real quick. So now I watch instructional videos, and that helps get me motivated to do more quilting (vs piecing).

Not sure what I'm going to do today, it's going to rain again so no garden work so I guess I'll just have to stay in and sew!

DH is still asleep and he has managed not to give me anymore hints on what he got me so I'm very curious - should find out some time today!