Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1125

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Aunt jo glad you are working too. I have been working on a couple finishes. Precut two more blocks today.

The difference between an average quilter and a good quilter is the good quilter can fix their own mistakes.

Hi again - further to my last reply in this thread, the exhibition (in which I won the visitor's choice award) has been mentioned in the March edition of a magazine called British Patchwork and Quilting. I was absolutely thrilled to discover a small picture of my SBS and a report about my quilt in it !!! I was also pleased to read my quilt group was likened to a miniature version of a much larger British exhibition - it cannot get any better than that and I can't wait to tell our group at our next meeting.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Dotty on all your awards and Magazine siteings. I finally got around to doing 6 more blocks. The Red/gold/blue block has been done couple weeks, Boston Stones?. Robbing Peter to Pay Paul took a long time because I had to handpiece. Name:  IMG_6717.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  1.40 MBName:  IMG_6721.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  1.43 MBJacob's Ladder and Road to OK Name:  IMG_6718.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  1.56 MBI think this gets me thru week 38. Plugging along is my song!
    Last edited by giquilt; 02-24-2017 at 09:34 PM.

The difference between an average quilter and a good quilter is the good quilter can fix their own mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_2783.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  828.8 KBName:  IMG_2765.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  592.4 KBI was at a Retreat last week end. Finished 11 blocks and cut out 4 more. Making progress.

Wow giquilts, you really are making progress!!!! Lots of eye candy

Dotty, congrats on all the award winnings and having a picture of your SBS in a magazine!!! You're famous now
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Great!! Watching, Mine are out and I'm squeezing them in between other projects. Your look fabulous!

Blog Entries
    Did three of these during Virtual Quilting Weekend. The Appliqué one been working on for a while. Finished thru week 52. Name:  IMG_6907.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  1.18 MB

Ohhhh well done giquilt!! I like the appliqué one. Oh well, I should say, I like them all

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_6304.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  615.6 KB4 more. It will be a while before I post anymore as traveling and do not have Bkg fabric.

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_7100.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  1.59 MBName:  IMG_7093.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  1.68 MBLatest two blocks. Cutting blocks to sew on Virtual weekend end of June. Hope someone else joins me.

More eye candy, thanks giquilt!! I love the bright colours and your background fabric. How many blocks did you do?

There are more ladies who didn't finish their Sylvia yet, maybe one or two will join you

Blog Entries
    I actually have never counted my blocks. Just made a paper list of your weeks. So when I think I'm through I might not be if I missed some. Each completed row is in a bag (A,B,C,....etc) and I think I have all 10 completed thru F. But as we have skipped around so much I don't know. At this point afraid to count might make me stop doing them. Thanks Aneal for still supporting those of us trying to finish.

LOL giquilt, I know that feeling.
    When you're over 70 you won't stop! That means you're almost there
    Yes we skipped around a lot, because I tried to mix easy and harder blocks and for those who work(ed) with FQ's that way you will have the fabrics in all the rows - well, most rows

The Virtual weekend is coming soon so you'll have some more done! You'll get there. Look at your avatar, you did that one too and the Challenge quilt was way harder than the Sylvia with all those tiny 3" blocks!

Blog Entries
    Anael, you are the best leader keeping us encouraged even though you have long since finished!!!!!!!
    Name:  IMG_7162.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  1.84 MBThe 9 Sylvia blocks I completed in the last 5 days. Also worked on a few other projects during the Virtual Weekend sponsored by the this Q board. If I have a few more of these weekends might get 're done. I cut 7 blocks ahead and had them in baggies ready to sew. May try this again too. I will say these were some of the hardest blocks I've done. Especially the ones with curved pieces. I was actually excited to see an instruction with the word "Y-seam." Good luck to others still plugging away.

Awww thank you giquilt!!

You did so well with the curved piecing (and the other piecing too hahahaha)!! Did you ever think you would be excited to do Y-seams? Some blocks are nearly impossible to do, like the Peter/Paul one, I really hated that block. Maybe it's time for a group photo Would love to see all blocks together!

Giquilt, I went back and read a bit, in January you passed the half-way mark. So I guess you will have well over 100 blocks by now! Not too bad, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Giquilt, I went back and read a bit, in January you passed the half-way mark. So I guess you will have well over 100 blocks by now! Not too bad, isn't it?
    Ooh, that is nice to hear if I have over 100. Probably should do a group photo, could tell me if I have some missing colors. Will think about it.

Yeah, a group photo would be great!

Good morning to all from the UK.
    I am so pleased to be able to tell you that I entered my SBS into the National Championships at Sandown here in the UK last month. I attained first place in the Sampler Quilt Category and was presented with a lovely silver colour salver plate and rosette.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats Dotty! Very well deserved, your Sylvia is just stunning!!!

Blog Entries
    Dotty, congratulations���� I totally agree with Aneal, it is stunning��

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_7207.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  1.56 MBName:  IMG_7209.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  1.49 MBName:  IMG_7210.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  1.85 MBName:  IMG_7211.JPG
Size:  1.27 MBName:  IMG_7218.JPG
Size:  1.46 MBSome of my latest blocks. Also did 3 more it would not let me load. Dotty's win has made me want to finish.

Congrats on more blocks giquilt! As usual they're lovely. You still have no idea how many blocks you've made?

Thank you Anael and giquilt for your kind comments. You are really on a roll giquilt with all your blocks ! Your colours are lovely and we will soon see your finished SBS. This thread used to be so busy - it would be great for it to be busy again.

You're very welcome Dotty!.
    Yes that would be great, there still are a few who didn't finish their Sylvia, at least didn't tell us they finished Maybe one day........

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45