Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2415

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sometimes you just need a gentle push
    Most of the time I need a kick in my behind!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Looking good folks...Congrats on getting so far!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

OK

Looks beautiful, Auntjo! Congrats on those final 2 blocks, which look great. Looking forward to seeing your 4 "outside" blocks & seeing this come together. I am still sashing away here, am planning a garnet or other deep, deep red for the border. Over halfway on the sashing & putting rows together, hope to hit it real hard this weekend.

Found my last four blocks frm http://www.quilterscache.com/mhohn in the free block pattern sections. I just went to the 6" block section and picked what I wanted out of their selection. Of course I neglected to notice that "The Attraction Block" was clearly labeled a 5" block and didn't notice it was too small til I had cut out relatively close to needed sizes for the paper piecing pattern - tried to make it work switching it up mid cutting, but ended up taking it all apart and remaking the pattern to 6". The blocks I picked are called Invitation to the Devil, Iowa Star, The Attraction Block, and Triangle Trails. Now to see if the idea of a thin grey borders on each block then the rust sashings & outer border will give the desired effect...
    Name:  Invitation to the Devil web ready.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  157.6 KBName:  Iowa Star web  ready.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  147.5 KBName:  The Attraction Block web ready.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  117.4 KBName:  Triangle Trails web ready.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  149.4 KB
    Last edited by auntjo; 09-12-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great job Aunt Jo. Your blocks look beautiful
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    That Iowa Star is especially gorgeous !!!

Blog Entries
    auntjo, you are coming down the homestretch when I hear the words..."sashings" and "borders"! WTG
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Great blocks auntjo!! Can't wait to see how your sashings and borders work out! Congrats on finishing all the blocks!!

Beautiful blocks, Auntjo. They look as though they'll coordinate well with the other SBS blocks.

A photo I took today. Thought I share it with you. Reminds me of summer. The weather is still great and will be for the next few days.
    Name:  13.09.2018.31.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  45.2 KB

Auntjo....you selected some very cool blocks to finish off this project. So excited to see this quilt assembled with your sashing ideas...

Anael...beautiful pic....looks like a postcard
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Thanks all for the feedback on these blocks. I'm gonna miss working on them - or having them to work on in the background. Anael, love your pics. Discovered tonite that I can get much better pics of the quilting I'm doing on my Gd's quilt w/my phone camera than my digital camera - finally. Almost halfway there. I'm kinda jazzed w/what is happening so far !! This is a first for me.
    Name:  My quilting on a big block2 web ready.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  189.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Wowzers AuntJo, that is a show stopper!! You should be Jazzed! It looks fabulous.

WOWWWWWWW
    Stunning!!!!!!!!!!

AND we have a flimsy! So thrilled to have this baby sewn together, ready to add a border and start quilting. I would appreciate your input. It is plenty long enough as is for a king size bed, because of the sashing I used (3" before sewing), just needs a 12" border on the sides to make it wide enough. I am considering just putting borders on the sides and binding the top & bottom as is. Otherwise a 12" border on the top & sides will just be overkill, even hang on the floor. I have never done this type of border before - but then again, I've only made twin & queen size quilts. Your opinions?

Love your picture, Anael, and love your quilting, Auntjo. This has been such an enjoyable thread to be a part of.
    Name:  SBS.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  82.3 KB

Blog Entries
    DonnaPea, it came out really great! Your cream background and beige cornerstones really frame these blocks perfectly. It's your border, you can do it any way you want. If it was me, I would do a small border at the top and bottom of about 3.5" and your larger borders on the sides. But, like you, I only make small to queen size quilts. I never make king size. I only think the 3.5" border in cream to make everything cohesive. Plus, do you tuck in the bottom? I do on my bed. So, I like a border on the bottom so more of the quilt shows. If it's a bit too big, you can just go over the pillows on the bed instead of under. These are just suggestions and my personal opinion. You do what's right for you. I wonder what others will suggest???

Wow DonnaPea, that looks wonderful!!!! Congrats on finishing!! A job very well done!

I did a small border in the color of the corner stones and a wider one in the color of the sashings. I would have to measure them as I don't remember the width of them.

Thanks for the compliments on my picture ladies

Good suggestions, ladies. As I look at it more, I'm considering this: taking 2 rows off the length (it would still be plenty long enough), adding one row each to each side. I will need to come up with 4 more blocks to even the quilt out, but could then have a more consistent border size all the way around. I think I might like that better, but I am still very open to suggestions!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    DonnaPea, it came out really great! Your cream background and beige cornerstones really frame these blocks perfectly. It's your border, you can do it any way you want. If it was me, I would do a small border at the top and bottom of about 3.5" and your larger borders on the sides. But, like you, I only make small to queen size quilts. I never make king size. I only think the 3.5" border in cream to make everything cohesive. Plus, do you tuck in the bottom? I do on my bed. So, I like a border on the bottom so more of the quilt shows. If it's a bit too big, you can just go over the pillows on the bed instead of under. These are just suggestions and my personal opinion. You do what's right for you. I wonder what others will suggest???
    I agree, Judith..good suggestions! Lovely finish, DonnaPea
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Donna, Your quilt is lovely. I especially like your selection for the sashing and cornerstones.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Quilterscache has lots of blocks if you do need more blocks. Auntjo posted the link.

Thanks, Anael (and Auntjo!). I popped on there, found 4 I like, and am changing things around so it is a 12 row, 12 column quilt. I think I will like it much better that way. Will post pictures of the nice blocks when they are done. Appreciate all the good ideas!

OH. Donna......your SBS is gorgeous. I so love the beige corner stones and wide sashing...it is so subtle a color contrast that your blocks and the fabulous fabrics you used just pop off the page and it really gives the scrappy colors a soft and homey feel...Just beautiful!!! Congratulations! Looks like you are on your way for a design change with the additional blocks. I like that idea of a 12x12 layout for this quilt. Dotty did hers that way too, I think, as well as auntjo.
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Auntjo....amazeballs on your quilting!!! Spectacular! You should be very proud and excited about this work...geesh...very impressive...

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 94 95 96 ... LastLast