Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-31-2018, 04:23 AM

Thanks Judith!
Progress? What's that? LOL I only made 1 house and got distracted - as usual. Besides it's too hot to piece because of the ironing involved. So I set up my embroidery machine and here's what I did:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595250[/ATTACH]
A bunny, a croc, a disabled parrot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595251[/ATTACH]
poor thing is backless
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595252[/ATTACH]
the abled brother of the backless parrot and a not so ugly duckling

Embroidery designs are from Kreative Kiwi Embroidery.
Attached Thumbnails img_0001.jpg   img_0002.jpg   img_0003.jpg  
Old 05-31-2018, 04:43 AM

Anael, those are great. How adorable.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 AM

Oh, Anael.....those are darling...you are so good at that technique...

The sampler I'm thinking of doing is mostly applique and called Green Tea & Sweet Beans by Jen Kingwell. She's the designer behind Gypsy Wife quilt. I like that it isn't even rows...just a collage of different sized blocks. I received my book and looks like fun...and its mostly applique with a bunch of misc pieced blocks thrown in. I think it would be adorable using polka dots and black on white fabrics for background, which is my favorite combination to work with. In the meantime, I'm playing with bird blocks....here is the first one partly done....need to FMQ and detail birdy... This one will be a pillow.... I will make this block again for the quilt block....just wanted a quick project to gift.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 05-31-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 AM

Well it's been a few months.
Glad to see this board is still up and running and there are a few more even at the beginning. I will be here til I finish - which at my pace may be awhile in between everything else. B
ut I've just finished two of Bonnie Hunter's patterns into queen sized quilts this past couple weeks and have a small window before I launch into the next couple projects. Finally here's two more on SBS. F2 Fool's Puzzle, and G1 Love in a mist - plus my last two finishes...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595279[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails f2-fools-puzzle-web-ready.jpg   g1-love-mist-web-ready.jpg   finished-bed-showing-bit-backing-web-ready.jpg   completed-top-may-28_2018-web-ready.jpg  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:02 AM

Hey auntjo.....so good to hear from you. Wow...what an accomplishment! Your BH's are absolutely gorgeous!! Those are a lot of work but your efforts paid off big time. Just stunningly beautiful work. And, love your SBS blocks. I did not enjoy Fool's puzzle....yours is great...

looking forward to to seeing more of your SBS. Mine is at the LA so I'll be still around to cheer you on!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:38 AM

HI auntjo, great to hear from you again!!! Your BH's are stunning!!!!! A lot of work, very well done!

I love your Sylvia blocks. That Fool's puzzle......I didn't like it either, Teen.
The colors of Love in the Mist are lovely.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:52 AM

Lots of wonderful progress going on!

I had unexpected visitors, my FIL showed up with 2 hours notice Sunday afternoon, and left yesterday. At least he has an RV I didn't have to find room for him and his friend and two dogs in the house! It's always real stressful having him visit, DH and I try real hard to make it nice for him. We really liked his friend, and turns out we have a lot in common, way more than with FIL.

I've been spending the last week with the LA getting caught up on the quilting. I'm on the fourth top, but I have not got any binding done. I'm so looking forward to getting back to piecing, but I can't decide what I should do next. I've also got a Jen Kingwell sampler pattern that I keep thinking about . . . and then the Nearly Insane and Dear Jane.

But then I look at all the applique and think I'd like to mess with that for a while. So who knows.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:57 AM

Nice to meet you, Auntjo. Love the 2 quilts you showed us - just beautiful. And your blocks look so nice; I set my Love in a Mist aside to come back to later, not pleased with the end result. It will be fun to see your blocks - I am glad to have a fellow traveler on the SBS journey. Here's a few more I finished up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]595317[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595319[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   g-7.jpg   n-1.jpg  
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 AM

DonnaPea, you always surprise me with the colours you're using! Lovely blocks!!

Macebaby, you can't please everyone. I guess it's a good thing your FIL didn't have to stay in the house

This week we had an event called Avondvierdaagse, where you walk 4 nights in a row. The weather wasn't too good so one night was cancelled and last night the distance was shortened. Here's a pic of the grands after they finished their 4th night:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595322[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img-20180531-wa0030.jpg  
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 AM

Anael - what cute grandchildren you have! Are they siblings? They sure look alike. My grandson's father has Dutch heritage, and my gs (age 10) has the dark blond hair like yours do.

Teen, forgot to mention earlier that I like your block. Your new project sounds fantastic, and I think the fabric choices you're considering sound great. Hope you can post some pics of it as you go along.