Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 AM

Thanks DonnaPea. Yes they are siblings. The middle one is 7 yo, the other two are twins and 5 yo.

We might want to make a list of all the plans we have, the project names, books and designers mentioned. Maybe we can do a few together and if not we can cheer each other on. What do you think?
Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Donna...love the blocks.....that cranberry colored block is beautiful...love it.. Thank you for the nice comment on my birdy pillow...

Cathy......glad the FIL trip worked out OK. Having company stay is stressful even when you enjoy the people coming. I love to entertain but I'm pooped when all is a said and done. What Jen Kingwell pattern are you thinking about? I started my pattern....I couldn't help myself. It's a fun pattern and you all know I love the applique. So happy for you that you are knocking out the quilting... Time consuming......you'll get your piecing fix soon enough as quick as you are with stuff.

Anael....gorgeous grandchildren. And, good for them that they joined in the walk. What a fun thing to do together.

My LA'r text me....my quilt is on her rack... She couldn't help herself and decided to do mine right away. I may just have this back in a few days.... So exciting....
Old 06-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Such cute grandkids, Anael!!

DonnaPea, you are really whipping up those blocks fast!

I've been torn between a Patriotic colored SBS and a scrappy one. If I do patriotic I will need more navy blue... Maybe I should just go scrappy? Such a hard decision!! I might end up making two, lol. I really really want to try a block this weekend, so I am leaning towards going scrappy... Can you see I need help, lol!
Old 06-01-2018, 01:18 PM

So exciting about your SBS already on the longarm, Teen!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Thanks DonnaPea. Yes they are siblings. The middle one is 7 yo, the other two are twins and 5 yo.

We might want to make a list of all the plans we have, the project names, books and designers mentioned. Maybe we can do a few together and if not we can cheer each other on. What do you think?
that's a fun idea but I don't want to take away from the brides still working on their blocks. So, if they are game, I would love to share my next journey with you guys. Just love this thread and the peeps here...

Here is a little sample of my Green Tea & Sweet Beans.....woohoo...I'm rolling around in my Polka dots!!!

NZ....why don't you do a block of each color-way?....one of them will call to you!!! I have tons of patriotic....want a couple of FQ's?(you can tell I'm really rooting for the patriotic colorway.....lol!)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 06-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Oh lovely!!! Those polka dots.......haha! I might have to hunt for some too. I only have the regular ones, not the funny ones like you have. I consider ordering the Green Tea book too. I love the quilt, it's totally different from any other sampler and since I have those fancy appliqué tools....LOL
Old 06-01-2018, 11:25 PM

I just ordered the Green Tea & Sweet Beans book
Old 06-01-2018, 11:42 PM

Hahahahaha.....you are so crazy! i'll look forward to sewing along with you but I won't be whipping this out like I did the SBS. I probably shouldn't have started this with me leaving again in a couple of weeks...then when we get back, our house is going on the market. I'll not have a lot of time to sew... I'll prep some of the appliqués and take them with me tho...lol! Oh Lordy....

You have a beautiful stash of fabric from what I have seen with your other quilts. What colorway are you thinking of doing ...or is it scrappy bright...?
Old 06-02-2018, 12:06 AM

It will be so much fun to do this together, well kind of. I'm not sewing full time either, I still have a pile of UFO's to which I'll contribute more and more. I think I will go scrappy with this one, like most of my quilts.

Thanks for the compliment about my stash, I don't consider it that great, it's just what I like and have and I decided I won't purchase new fabrics. Well, not today anyway.....hahahahahaaaa.
Can't wait to receive my book, I have no idea what I'm getting into......but I love the finished quilt!
Old 06-02-2018, 03:51 AM

Teen, I love your bird block. It so darling. You'll have to let us know how you like the Kingwell pattern. I have so wanted to use the Gypsy Wife pattern. But, have been afraid to buy it. I haven't heard the best comments on how the pattern is written. So, hopefully yours will be well written. So cute polka dot starter Teen.

NZ quilter, I too have a ton of Patriotic Fabrics. If you would like some FQ's, just shoot me off a pm. The drawer holding them can barely close. I'd be happy to share with as well. Whatever you decide will be great. But, I'm a big fan of R/W/B. I have several quilts in my house and am working on two more. Another one for my house and one for my deployed son-in-law.

DonnaPea, you are on a roll churning out the SBS blocks. You will have all your finished blocks before you know it. Can't wait to see your finished quilt top.

Anael, your grands are darling. The appliques you made, are they bookmarks? What will you do with them? They are adorable.

Aunt Jo, you did a great job with those curves. And, your finished BH's are beautiful!