Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1235

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

I'm here if you need my help Teen! I'll dust off my book and have it ready
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

You're awesome, Anael!!! Great group of people on this thread..helping each other! Love it!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

having completed the 365 block challenge (almost all 3" and 6" blocks) figuring these out hasn't been that hard. I did download the templates so I could measure them. I'm using my angle rulers were possible.

Right now I've got the first ten cut and starting to sew.

I have to admit I really don't want to do any paper piecing right now - but that is because I'm working on that "catch me if you can" quilt and that is mostly paper pieced. I switch over when the paper piecing gets to be to tedious.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I totally agree Macybaby. I did part of that challenge too.

Thanks Teen

Macybaby, Saw your 365-Stunning!! I collected all the blocks, but with all my quilting stuff currently in storage, it too is on hold right now. You will find a lot of inspiration looking back through the pages of this thread, and Anael is the best leader ever!

I was able to complete 3 more blocks today...

C6 - Crossed Canoes
    J6 - Puss in the Corner
    B4 - Children's Delight
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I've got the first 10 (by the book) complete. I've got a lot of the pale blue batik, so I'm going to use that up for the background and then move on to another pale color. I have 4-5 yards of the blue. I bought it for a border/sashing and then decided I didn't like it. Though that was after I cut it and started attaching it. So using it for this is great.

I don't know if I'll get back to this until next weekend.

My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Oh my gosh....you are so quick with this project. These all look Fantastic! Your sampler will be so colorful, Macybaby...

Wow ladies!!!!!!!!!! Such gorgeous blocks and you both jump right in! I love it

I think you can make 2 Sylvia's with 5 yards of your pale blue background Macybaby

Laurafet, thank you so much for your kind words!

Good morning from the UK. Lovely to see SBS busy again - even though I finished mine a while ago, I still love to see all your great blocks !
    Teen, the lady (Sharon Mastbrook ) had posted the design wall, and from it my DH sorted it out for me
    I was making my Dear Jane at that time and got the details for Sharon's design wall from the DJ group, then, for whatever reason she deleated all the details. DH then took ages to sort out webspace for my SBS and after said, please don't make another sampler quilt !!!
    Teen and Macybaby - your are both using lovely colours and so nice to see you here again Anael with all your encouragement !

Thank you, Dottie! Your quilt is stunning and so happy to read of the results of the showings. A sampler quilt has been on my to do this for sometime. I am having a blast with these blocks.

I only had time to do 2 blocks today. That first one was a bit challenging....I appreciated the PP template, Anael...phew!

L8 - Kansas Troubles
    N10 - Diamond Friendship

Working on other projects tomorrow so will pick this up again next week.

Nicely done! Those Troubles in Kansas ............ but you mastered them!!

Anael, the book says you'd need 10 yards of beige, and that included 2.5 yard for sashing and border. So I was figuring it needed 7.5 yards for the background. I know quilts with small block like this use a lot more fabric as so much ends up in the seam allowance.

I did one quilt that was all 1.5" squares, so for each square inch of fabric showing, you had 1.25 square inches of fabric in the seam allowances. Makes for a heavy quilt.

Let's wait and see how much you need. I used several different fabrics as background so I have no idea how much I really needed. 7.5 yards seems a lot though..........

Both of you-beautiful blocks and colors! When Dottie was showing us the design wall, I went ahead and created one on an Excel spreadsheet, and took pics of each block as I did them, then put them in the appropriate block on the spreadsheet. It kept me motivated at that time. I'll see if I can find it and post. Wasn't difficult. You two are doing great!

Here it is. The solid color blocks were for me to choose fabric colors within the block to keep the variety throughout. I didn't want to end up with 5 or 6 orange blocks side by side. I do have more finished than are shown, just didn't get them in the spreadsheet.

Brilliant laurafet - it seems ages ago we were on our journey together.

Beautiful blocks Laurafet! Thanks for showing the spreadsheet, I used a spreadsheet too but without the colored blocks.

Laurafet......gorgeous so far. I did my spreadsheet the other night but I like that you added sashing to your design wall. I'm gonna do that too. Great idea. I'm not sure color of sashing so this will be great way to audition. I'll post as I figure it out...

I was able to squeeze in 4 blocks today..

L10 - Contrary Wife
    N1 - Courthouse Steps
    B10 - Friendship Star
    L1 - Friendship Quilt

I've been cutting out pieces for blocks. I like to cut a bunch and then sew them in assembly line method.

That's probably a more efficient way to do this. I typically don't plan these blocks .... If I have time at end of day, I just whip a couple out. When I can focus just on this project, maybe then I can cut several out at once. It's a good idea..

I squeezed 2 more blocks in today..I was pooped today so I went for simple...

M5 - Ohio Star
    H8 - Pinwheel

3 more today....that first one (H5) was a chore...tiny pieces. As it is, I'm gonna lose points when joining so I'm going to have to modify that block a bit

H5 - Sylvia's Shooting Star
    K3- Churn Dash
    J2- Trip around the world

Your blocks are fantastic. At the rate you are going, this quilt will be done in no time. Love your choice of fabrics.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast