Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2456

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Blog Entries
    I was hesitant about posting my Big Mini...and then when I saw it downloading, I thought...well this is really a nice piece of work! So all you that are hesitating...don't! Go ahead and show those beauties.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Ladies, Happy New Year. I hope to see some Sylvia blocks
    Eat, quilt, bike, sleep and repeat

Hi everyone!!! I've made two more SBS blocks. I've kinda lost my sewing mojo, so I've been reading the Elm Creek novels a bit. That got me fired up enough to make two more. The A-10 block with all those Y-seams was a real challenge for me; actually ended up making it twice. I think the second one came out okay.
    J-4
    Name:  P1000373.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  168.2 KB

A-10
    Name:  P1000509.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  167.0 KB

My 2019 goal is to make at least 70 blocks total. Hopefully I can do it!!!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Nicely done, NZ. Sew more!
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Beautiful NZ.....I remember A10 well. You did great.... Good luck with your goal this year. You can do it.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Great job NZ. I think your blocks are looking great. I really enjoyed those books.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Looks great! Glad to hear you are getting back to SBS. I really enjoyed making the blocks. I skipped those requiring applique.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Well done!! So happy you're back to sewing and SBS.

No Sylvia blocks to go, & absolutely no progress on putting her together since last post - a couple months?? But have been busy. Finally completed the quilting on my 13yo Gd's Christmas present quilt. I had to bring it home anyway because I'm putting it in our Guild show this next week in Folsom, CA. But I am quite happy with how it turned out. Then I needed to design a baby quilt to go w/my nephews wedding quilt (which is already almost 2 yrs late) which is also going in this weeks show - then in the mail - along w/the welcome quilt for the new baby expected in May. Then, an old friend of my now S31 is expecting her first in a month now - before her wedding, but... so had to come up with another quilt. The pattern I picked I just turned into 2 quilts - so now I have an extra. Pics attached... Have hardly even started on this winters Bonnie Hunter quilt which was finished by quite a few back at the beginning of January.. but when my sister was out in November, she finally actually hand picked from my stash the colors that she felt would work in her quilt - which is actually going to be using the Bonnie pattern from several years ago "Celtic Solstice" - so am getting ready to start that one in earnest. Pics attachedName:  Full front frm side angle better showing texture of quilting.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  425.4 KBName:  Full back from side angle better showing quilting texture.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  518.4 KBName:  Craig's, Jamie plus 1, Januqry 2019.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  134.4 KB

Auntjo....your quilting is exemplary. Truly, stunning. I love the first pic of the modern quilt but the second one is gorgeous, too. Sylvia will be there when you get to it. Good to hear from you!!!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Auntjo....your quilting is exemplary. Truly, stunning. I love the first pic of the modern quilt but the second one is gorgeous, too. Sylvia will be there when you get to it. Good to hear from you!!!

Thank you so much - it is really out of my comfort zone - or at least was... I'm happy with this one. The 2nd pic is actually the back of the 1st.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! That's stunning!!!
    Like Teen said, Sylvia will be there! And so will we

So my dear Bridals, how are you all doing? No blocks to show?

Name:  Sylvia.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  181.6 KBI finally finished my Sylvia earlier today. With the encouragement and friendship of many people on this thread, I started making blocks in February of 2018, finished them in September, and then started hand quilting it (my favorite way to make quilts). So a little over 15 months from start to finish. Many thanks to all of you for the good suggestions and encouragement. I was going through some hard things personally last year, and Sylvia & this thread was a great diversion for me - and now I have a beautiful (to me) quilt to enjoy in our room.

Your quilt is beautiful. Like the light colored background. Makes the blocks pop.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Donna--your quilt is beautiful!!

DonnaPea, it's a stunning quilt! Congrats on finishing!! Hand quilted, how exquisite. Hopefully she will keep you warm and comfy for many years!
    It was a pleasure to make this journey with you, thank you!

Wow, DonnaPea - what a splendid Sylvia, congratulations. Your quilt is stunning.

Blog Entries
    Omgoodness, Donna Pea, your Sylvia is gorgeous. I Love your beige cornerstones and neutral sashing. They frame each block beautiful. And the blocks stand out and shine. Wowzers, you have one big bed. But, your quilt looks simply gorgeous on it. Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how therapeutic quilting can be.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Donna.....this is stunning, truly! We started this journey together and enjoyed the sew-along with you. The results of your work is absolutely gorgeous... Can't imagine quilting by hand this quilt so this is very impressive... congratulations on your finish!,

Well I have finally gone back to work on this beauty. Grey block sashing done, now for the inner connecting sashing. Had to make one more block today as I've reworked a few to size them better ...
    Name:  with block sashing web ready.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  245.4 KB

Absolutely wonderful. Beautiful quilt.

Oh wow auntjo, it's stunning!!!!

Fabulous auntjo - I remember some of your blocks, when it was so busy here ! How is everyone and what are you making now ?
    I am making a Patchwork of the Crosses - but a smaller version - and some other projects including a blue work quilt with embroidered snowmen.

That is a very stunning quilt - I love how it turned out!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 LastLast