Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! >

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 PM

Jamestown.

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
kuntryquilter, yes, ND has a lot of Germans. Great food, (meat, potatoes and great for the hips) kind of things. Where in ND was hubby from?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 AM

Christmas "mystery" square[ATTACH=CONFIG]322270[/ATTACH]
I LOVE your Christams themed Mystery quilt block. It couldn't have turned out any nicer. Will you be making a whole quilt of this block? It would sure be a pretty one.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51 AM

CajunBear..........I love your block too. It reminds me of the one I just shared with everyone. The black just makes it look so outstanding!! What a fun block.

Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday! We are here in Louisiana the sun is out and an hour ago it was 81 Deg F but now it's 77 Deg F so that tells me it's gonna be cold in the morning for church. I tell you Satan is at work...weatherman said it's going to be like 58. Now I know that is tropics for some of you but I just don't like the cold! lol

At any rate, here is my 3rd step, now I made wider borders and after the next step will decide whether to leave them. I had some problems as I made the first two blocks and they were perfect, then I kept pinning the next two and thinking "man something is really wrong" but I couldn't figure it out so I sewed but didn't trim anything. Took a snapshot and Jean and I talked about it. Well I had to fix it once I realize I had lined things up wrong and I had the two long skinny, skinny spokes on my star! lol

Can't wait for the next clue!

Hugs,
Cajun
Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 AM

this Mystery Quilt Train has me trying the things i have always wanted to try......guessing it is because the next set of instructions are just a week, a day, and about 6 hours away.......that seems the correct interval for me to shift into 'just do it' mode.....and not spring housecleaning mode ! Today thinking about 4th of July fabrics..... hummmm
Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 AM

look at all us sillies up here in the middle of the night. shouldn't the train put us to sleep. sure am glad i got a lower berth. hate climbing that ladder.
after some sleep i am going to tackle that last clue. finally finished my row robin and did some shopping yesterday and today (fri and sat). now free to get to the cute star in the middle of my mystery block.

love all the colors and fabrics so far.

good night.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:05 AM

I just woke up after 9 hours of sleep and dreams of quilts.....you are a real night owl ....LOL
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 AM

kuntryquilter - Jamestown!!! I would have never guessed it. About 90 miles away. The last number of years when I was on the road selling neckties and such, I would set up in the Jamestown mall for a month between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Made so many friends there. Every year when I went back, they would come up and we would pick up where we left off. On our way to visit our daughter in Fargo, we always stop there and see people in mall and bathroom break. You got a good man if he comes from ND.

Red velvet cake does sound very good. But carrot cake is a favorite also. Oh, for some of those good ones now.....
Old 03-25-2012, 08:09 AM

Did someone say *** CARROT CAKE *** <- the only sweet I cannot resist
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM

SulaBug, I only had enough of my focus fabric for this block. So if I find something similar or something I like as well I will enlarge it. I love snowmen so will have to look for them with red or tan background. Have a number of them with blue backgrounds, but they didn't look good.

Yummy, yummy, carrot cake in my tummy!!!! Actually I went to the grocery store this morning for the Sunday paper and DH and I split a large chocolate muffin. So I think I have had my "extra" for the day.

Filled the bird feeders yesterday and have had so much fun watching the birds. We even had a couple robins taking bathes in the birdbath. Oh, I miss the times I could just wonder outside and putter around.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 PM

CajunBear - your square reminds me of sherbert. Love those colors and the black frames it wonderfully. Now the wait for the next clue. Oh darn.....

Thanks everyone! The colors do remine you of Sherberts...gosh..our church in the last week of a 21 day fast..we gave up one meal a day, sweets and junk food, soda's! We do miss our ice cream after our dinner every evening and I miss my Sprite!

I didn't realize how dark my main fabrics looked... it's brown not black and yes it does stand out!

Hugs,
Cajun