Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this..." >

"Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this..."

"Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this..."

Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Oh yes, there is much more to come, wait until he's 27 and telling you about the "stripe" in your hair since you haven't had a chance to call your hairdresser.
A friend of mine had chemically induced dark hair. She'd been super busy and was overdo on coloring by a few weeks. Her husband stood behind her as she was sitting at her desk and kept repeating "skunk,skunk,skunk". You get the picture....
Old 05-28-2010, 07:56 PM

We were in the movie theatre seeing Father of the Bride - my middle daughter was about 5. Remember the scene when the daughter is going out on a date with the husband to be and Steve Martin tells him, "Don't forget to fasten your condom"? Well, my daughter asked LOUDLY and REPEATEDLY "Mom, what's a condom?" A couple of women behind us thought she was funnier than the movie - I told my daughter I'd explain when we got home - she forgot about it by then
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Last night I was trying on pants and jeans at the Farm & Fleet. My 5yo decided it was too boring watching Daddy try on work boots, so he ran in the changing room with me. No problem. Or so I thought. After trying on some khaki's that I wasn't sure of, ds, who is leaning quietly against the wall, says "Mom, I know you're kinda worried about this, but those pants did make your butt look kinda fat". :shock:
After composing myself I decided to play with it. Thinking that my butt looks fat in just about everything because it just is, I put my jeans back on and asked him - "But what about my jeans - doesn't it look just the same with these on?" "No, not so much" Ok, that was better. I think.

Ok, should I be horrified, mortified, shocked, or grateful? I think I'm all of the above. I've never really dealt with a 5-1/2 yo boy before.... is this just the beginning? :roll: :shock:
:lol: I couldn't help but to laugh. To quote the late Art Linkletter: "Kids say the darnedest things!" But ya gotta laugh...!