A "Nattyism"

Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Aren't they cute? My son called bulldozers, "bull-overs" and my daughter was trying to tell us that she was a grown up, called herself a "grown-duck." Needless to say, we still use those little "pearls" in the family. :)
Old 02-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sapphire_Rae
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Once my sis was driving on the interstate and said "I wish that guy would get off my tail".
Her son exclaimed "Mommy, I didn't know you had a tail!!! "
I could write pages of the things my boys said. They are etched in my memory :)
You should write them. My 15 yr old still likes to take trips down memory lane with us and hear all the silly things he did or funny words he said.
That's a great idea!!! They are in my head but when I'm gone the kids won't know them!
Thanks hon!! :D
Old 02-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Instead of "leave me alone" my youngest son would save "leave me aclone". He stills gets teased about that one.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 PM

I have a book of the stuff my son would say when he was little because I didn't want to forget them. He would say gomasses (molasses), nemons and nunch (lemons and lunch), commacated (complicated) and all fisked upt (all fixed up). This is a great post!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 PM

My brother, who is 9 years younger than I am, used to call leotards "legaturds" - I always remembered that one.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 AM

These little kids are so great. Our 4 year old granddaughter has a beanie baby that she insists is a baby coyote. Makes us laugh every time she brings "Baby Cy" out to play.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 AM

Oh! I haven't thought of this in a long time. When my daughter was about 2 yro, we were playing together and she passed gas. I looked at her and asked, "where are your manners". She took me completely by surprise and responded, "I ate 'em". I couldn't hold back, I burst out laughing. Somehow she had bananas in mind.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:45 AM

My middle daughter had an even crazier word for "oatmeal". She always called it "op-ee-moy-lee-owe", and no amount of coaching could change her mind. We always wondered why she could take a simple word and make it so complicated.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:56 AM

A friends son used to call a refrigerator a fritterfrater, and he called fish- phish. Sometimes we use those words today just for a laugh.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:22 AM

la la for pillow, kee kee for blanket, lalow for yellow, wips for lips, wuv for love, so many more, I can't think of them right now as that was 30 years ago and more. My grandkids are not talking yet but I am sure they will come up with some duzzies.