A "Nattyism"

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 AM

My son called cucumbers - cumbercues - forehead = forboard and officer was oss i fer. My daughter came home from sunday school singing: Peter, James & John & Sambo. I found out years later it should have been: Peter, James & John in a sail boat.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
:lol: :lol:
My oldest son said "hokanger " for coat hanger. When his baby sister spit up he said she was pilking.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 PM

When my granddaughter wanted to watch her favorite movie, "Princes Diaries", she would ask for "Princess Diarrhea".
If her slippers made her feet sweat, she would tell me that her feet were "sprinkling".
Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM

When my second sun was about 3 he told my mom that he liked nenuts and nonuts! (peanuts and doughnuts). One of my DGS always says yisk instead of yikes.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM

when my first son was 4 years old, I had a friend who always said "Jesus Christ". Well, I had taken him to town on the bus, andf we werre ewaiting at the stop to come home and he had to use the toilet. Now here we were, many people standing around and whenever a bus came in he would ask, is that our bus, and I'd say no. After about 6 buses had come and gone, he put his hands on his hips and quite loudly said," Well, Jesus Christ I hope the next one is!" I was soooo embarrassed, because I didnT talk that way, yet the way he did and the tone of his voice, it was all I could do not to laugh.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:05 PM

My boy both call burglars "gurblar's".
Old 02-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Youngest daughter loved to feel material between her fingers, soothing? and when she got big enough to start talking it was always tamerial, not material and basgetti, not spagetti. Time goes by too quickly.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM

My grandson Billy asked me one day why I make up funny words like yonder and choors? I told him yonder was older than I was and there is no such word as choors. He said you know, like when you say thats not choors!

So now I watch my mid western lazy speech patterns. He's 7 years old!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

This was just what I needed today. How fun! I had 4 boys and I think they were all hilarious! One said "pit a pit ahhs" for potatoes. I used to say "thank you, honey" and the youngest picked up on it and said "honey" for thank you. We were talking about heaven and I said the streets are made of gold. The response was, "I'm gonna take a pick axe." Thank you everyone for sharing such special memories and helping me to remember some of mine. :-)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:55 PM

Here's another 1 from 2 of my granddaughters. Whenever their nose is running they say their nose is running out.

Diannia