A "Nattyism"

Old 02-15-2011, 09:47 AM

When were stationed at Ft. Campbell, we would come in the back gate and pass the fields of helicopters. My daughter would call them Helatractors. We would say Kris say heli---copter. She would say it that way and we would say, now say helicopter and she 'd say helatractors was so funny. She was so sure she said it correctly.She is now 33.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM

when my son was about 2, he would point at any cat and say 'deeka-dock'. he had 2 deeka-docks at home so he knew what they were. one day when he got out of the car and peeped into the empty garbage can and told me deeka-dock. i could see our cats through the window, so i knew there was no cat in the can. he insisted, so i looked. curled up in the bottom, either sleeping or playing possum, was a baby possum. well, i figured wherever there's a lonely baby there's an anxious mommy. with sharp teeth. i carefully laid the can on it's side, scooped up my son and hightailed it inside the house with my son yelling deeka-dock all the way. we watched through the window, and sure enough, in a short time, here comes mommy, sniffing around the baby and pushing at it with her paw. finally baby woke up enough to follow mommy out of the can and run along the side of the house into the trees. never figured out how it got there. we still call cats deeka-docks around here.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM

my youngest DD didn't start to talk until she was 4 and when she started she seemed to talk nonstop but the one thing she had trouble with was her middle name Elizabeth - it always came out lizard breath
Old 02-16-2011, 01:48 AM

I am sooooo enjoying this post! Brings back so many memories!

DH was helping get our children ready for bed one night, and while giving our DS a bath, saving the private parts until last. DS announced "you didn't wash my pnuts". He also used to call Monkeys.......mump-mees. We still call them that today.

Our DD called her tricycle a "bi-kackle", and chocolate milk was "ch-lock-la-milk.

Our grandson called a motorcycle a "myrtle-cycle", and butterscotch was "scutterbotch".

We now have great grandchildren, and it has been so fun collecting memories through all these years of having children to love. Time passes much too quickly.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:42 PM

Ever heard of "pinch-inch"? (Spinach) Or "skameeto"? (Mosquito) :roll:
Old 02-18-2011, 12:00 AM

Just thought of some more our DS used to say.......ambuLAMPS (ambulance).......

Also, there were at least a couple of misunderstandings as DS and DD were very young. I was referring to something and said "that is one of my pet peaves". DS thought I was saying "pet peas".

When we were driving in another neighborhood looking for a certain house, there was a very nice gazebo in the side lawn and I commented "oh, look at that pretty gazebo". I later found out after DD had thought about it for a while, that she thought I was referring to some type of animal!