"Weigh In"

Old 02-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Oh purplemem! You poor thing. You could put a little oil of oregano on the scab on your knee. It is a wonderful healer, and of course, totally natural. I am so proud of you that you are not giving up. Did you slip on ice? I don't think I've ever seen such big bruises.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I had a strange one today. We switched Drs the end of last year so made an appt with the new one just to get prescriptions rewritten. Went in and of course it was a blood pressure, weigh in, etc. She wouldn't let me take my shoes off to weigh so I thought the worst. But, their electronic scale registered 5 lbs less than my old dial scale. So now I don't know what I weigh. Think I should get a new scale?? I'd sure like to go with their numbers!
You don't need a new scale just deduct the 5 lbs from your old scale when you weigh yourself. Why waste the money on a new one???
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
Oh purplemem! You poor thing. You could put a little oil of oregano on the scab on your knee. It is a wonderful healer, and of course, totally natural. I am so proud of you that you are not giving up. Did you slip on ice? I don't think I've ever seen such big bruises.
I tripped over a loose cord walking into a store. The cord was there to anchor the mdse on display on the sidewalk.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
I tripped over a loose cord walking into a store. The cord was there to anchor the mdse on display on the sidewalk.
I hope you aren't paying for your medical care and that the store is. They were at fault. I hope you feel better soon. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I had a strange one today. We switched Drs the end of last year so made an appt with the new one just to get prescriptions rewritten. Went in and of course it was a blood pressure, weigh in, etc. She wouldn't let me take my shoes off to weigh so I thought the worst. But, their electronic scale registered 5 lbs less than my old dial scale. So now I don't know what I weigh. Think I should get a new scale?? I'd sure like to go with their numbers!
You don't need a new scale just deduct the 5 lbs from your old scale when you weigh yourself. Why waste the money on a new one???
But what if their's is the one that is wrong? Oh, I need to go weigh myself on one more scale and see which one is right. :roll:
Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Pat: I'd go by the one that makes me weigh less LOL!!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 PM

I don't blame you Jan. LOL

Carole
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Hey, I'm with Jan!!! :-) The way I figure it, you got a gift, so ENJOY!!! :-) This group is working through all kinds of obstacles! Boy are we going to be strong and thin, or what!? Keep it up, you are all doing great, even when you think you are not. We are all doing better than we were several weeks ago, right?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 AM

OH MJ!! I am so sorry to read of your fall and see your poor leg :-( I sure hope you heal quickly and what determination you have-you can achieve anything you want to!
Go with the 5 less-I would Pat :-)
Keep up the great work everyone-I think I can must become I know I can I know I can :-)
Hugs
April
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 AM

I am going to visit my cousin today and she told me she had home made pecan pie when I get there if I want, as she knows I'm dieting. So I looked up the calories and for 1/8 of the pie it was 503 calories!! I will be passing on this offer for sure. Before I started dieting I would have had 2 or 3 pieces of pie in a day and I am amazed to think of the calories I was consuming in one day. No wonder I am here with 30 lbs more to go. Today for me it's about making right choices! Have a nice day girls.