"Weigh In Reward Program"

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Originally Posted by JudeWill
This comes at the perfect time. I had decided tomorrow is the day I am going to get back on the program and start walking and swimming again. Good luck to all of us!
Hi, where do you go swimming? We have a pool but to cold right now, my friend wanted me to join the y with her but I just can't do that right now just to swim, it's 45.00 a month. She's at the gym with me but dosn't go to much anymore.
Hi. I go to the local Y. I'm very fortunate in that our insurance covers the membership fee. I don't think ours has a monthly fee, tho. I may be wrong, but I think it is abt. $48 a year here. $45 a month is ridiculous. Didn't get to go today, tho. The pool was supposed to open back up today, but they had to put in a new filter system, so won't open til the 22nd.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM

Count me in ..... begins today, huh? Perfect! It coincides perfectly with my new goal to fit into a bathing suit & be prepared for a reunion. Thanks for the additional incentive.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM

This is great :-D There are 32 current participants: truepeach, carolevidak, CrystalKicks, laparshall, SharonNC, Lneal, LovingIzabelle, yourstrulyquilts, Karielt, quiltylori, quiltincharlotte, MaryAnn, BrendaB, sewred, janRN, Naturalmama, quilter68, Quickstitch, GrammieSharon, JillR, lacikat, DONK, Teacup, JudeWill buddysmom alaskasunshine AliceQ SewDeer BarbM Quilt4u jnagy1206 MNQuilter

Some have expressed interest in a reward/incentive plan for losing the most weight in a month's time and the winner receiving a fq from each one participating. This will be based on the honor system and each person will be truthful about their total weight loss for the month. The choice will be solely up to you to join in, but here is the way it will work.

All participants are voluntarily joining to lose weight and competing to be the top loser for the month of March. The winner will receive a fat quarter from the other participants. If there is a tie the fat quarters will be divided up equally. After everyone has sent a pm with the total pounds lost, for the time period, a winner will be determined and posted on the same thread.

We will begin tracking our weight today, March 1st and continuing through March 28. On Monday, each one weigh yourself and keep record of your beginning weight. ( optional: If you would like, you can pm it to me for the record) Please pm Lneal at the end of the month with how many lbs you have lost Then on March 29 it will be the time to pm with the total weight loss. On April 1, the winner will be posted. It will then be the responsibility of the losers to contact the winner with details on how to send the fat quarter. Please do not post your progress throughout the month of March so as not to discourage any one who may think they won't win.

We will now let this thread dwindle by not posting anymore comments. Please feel free to check out the "Weigh In" thread for encouragement and support!
May the biggest loser win!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote]
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM

CAn anyone join in on this or do you need to have been participating prior? I really need something to kick me in the rear!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Please count me in if I'm not too late! I'm just now catching up on my email.
Slow2Sew
Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Please count me in

Becky
Old 03-02-2010, 07:11 AM

I forgot to weigh in yesterday ? Am I still in? Where do we post are beginning weights? Please
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
I forgot to weigh in yesterday ? Am I still in? Where do we post are beginning weights? Please
It's not too late. I sent you a pm with more info.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 PM

I hope it's ok I weight in on Sundays??
Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

You do realize that we are all going to be winners, even if we don't get the fat quarters. :-)