Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 100 grandkids

Blog Entries

100 grandkids

Just read where a man (in Canada, Russian img.)just welcomed his 100th grandchild. He's only 62. He & wife had 16 kids. They all live nearby. Isn't that amazing.
    True4uca

That is amazing. My mom is 84 years old an only has 86 grand children, of course there are several great grandchildren.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is a LOT of kids to remember names of
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Sews View Post
    That is amazing. My mom is 84 years old an only has 86 grand children, of course there are several great grandchildren.
    I just realized I was having a senior moment. The 86 includes the greats, It is the great greats that I didn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
    Just read where a man (in Canada, Russian img.)just welcomed his 100th grandchild. He's only 62. He & wife had 16 kids. They all live nearby. Isn't that amazing.
    Do you Know thats 6.25 Grandkids for His 16 Children. I don't think I want to be the .25 Kid! LOL

my dad's mom had 6 kids, 5 lived and had 26 GKs. One aunt was responsible for 10 of those though. I have no idea how many are in the next generation.

That is way too many grandkids. I had 6 kids but only have 7 grandkids and I think that is enough.

I usually can't remember the names of all of my 6 grandkids....takes me several minutes of intense brain busting. No way I could remember that many...

My grandma came from a family of 21 kids, and I use to joke when one got into trouble, by the time greatgrandma screamed the right name out..she forgot why she was hollering in the first place. ha ha ha ha

My husband is one of 11 kids, his dad died when he was a young boy and his mom married a guy that had 5 kids. So when we add all them in, we have 138 people under her. We rent a hall for Christmas Parties.. ha ha ha
    Faye

that is fantastic. but lots of names to remember.

I don't know how many grand kids there are on either side, My mom was one of 10, My dad one of 20, and I know that I have approximately 70 first cousins out of that. The next generation boggles my mind, and I don't think I can count that High. No one needs to know how many second cousins they have. My daughter moved to my home town, and I told my granddaughters that dating when they are teenagers will be difficult, because most of the people in town are probably related

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteO View Post
    I don't know how many grand kids there are on either side, My mom was one of 10, My dad one of 20, and I know that I have approximately 70 first cousins out of that. The next generation boggles my mind, and I don't think I can count that High. No one needs to know how many second cousins they have. My daughter moved to my home town, and I told my granddaughters that dating when they are teenagers will be difficult, because most of the people in town are probably related
    My kids had the same issue when dating..as we live in the same town as our entire family grew up in. So they have to deal with lots of family from both sides. They all dated woman that moved to the area and had no ties..or completely from other areas. They also hated that my husbands family is very very well known and liked..so they had a higher risk of getting busted for doing dumb kid things. lolol
    Faye

Mmmm...if it takes a village to raise a child, and the whole village is related, he is raised by family and kinfolk.

Seriously, someone needs to start writing down family genealogy before it is lost this generation or the next. Older folk die off, the thread is lost on who is who in the family. Pictures also help...as well as grave stones and cemetery knowledge on who is buried where. Illiness that run in the family...the abilities that run in the family and the funny stories all can share as family memories are priceless and there for the asking. Some amazing quilts may be lurking in their attics in trunks. Worth looking into, and discovering many treasures!!

I was raised by foster grandparents, did not really get to know any family growing up and know my ancestors by name until now through genealogy study of those passed on. Cannot imagine a whole town of family. Wow.

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of the Duggans on TV. My grandfather sired 16 children, but have no idea where they are or who they are. I don't have enough time to check that out.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Wow I would never remember half their names.

Senior Member Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations's Avatar
    Wow this is awesome but at the same time when he gets older and needs to call one by name I wonder how many names he goes through before he gets the correct one? LOL I bet Santa has to spend lots of time at his house just leaving gifts......lol I bet he is for sure busier now going to all the grandkids activites in his golden year than he ever did going to his own kids events. But at the same time all of this life around him will keep him younger and with them longer I bet.

Blog Entries
    I would lose my mind, imagine the holidays.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations View Post
    Wow this is awesome but at the same time when he gets older and needs to call one by name I wonder how many names he goes through before he gets the correct one? LOL I bet Santa has to spend lots of time at his house just leaving gifts......lol I bet he is for sure busier now going to all the grandkids activites in his golden year than he ever did going to his own kids events. But at the same time all of this life around him will keep him younger and with them longer I bet.
    I bet his GK's get what I got from my grandma - a dollar bill in a card!!

Quote Originally Posted by kayluvs2quilt View Post
    I usually can't remember the names of all of my 6 grandkids....takes me several minutes of intense brain busting. No way I could remember that many...
    I hear that, Mom had trouble with only us four! For a long time I thought my whole name was "Rich, I mean Bob, I mean Deb, I mean Sue"! When she threw Arlo (the family dog) into the mix it clicked that Mom wasn't so good with names.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Wow. I come from parents with 1 sib each, I am 1 of 2, and my sister had 1 child, and I had 2. We have 1 grandchild each and my other daughter wants to adopt rather than procreate. Too many people! I guess when there were farms to tend, that was okay, but now it is almost sinful.
    Congratulations, but way too many people!

I forget the exact number, but I have 80 some cousins on my Dad's side, and only 5 on my mom's
    I think I've met them all in my life, there's no way I'd remember all their names and there's no way I've met all their kids
    My Dad grew up on a farm, it was just different back then
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Quote Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
    When I was growing up in a mall town in Maine back than everyone had large families. My family had only 9 children. My mom always wanted a bakers dozen but it did not happen. I went to school with kids who had 16, 18, 22, and yes one family 24 kids.

As for 100 grandkids some are probably great grands.

Read a story a few months ago with a lady in the U.S., Calif. as I recall, who had over 100 grandkids but some of them were great and great-great grandkids. She herself was getting ready to turn 100 years old.
    clsurz

Quote Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
    Too many people! I guess when there were farms to tend, that was okay, but now it is almost sinful.
    !
    Why is it almost sinful to have alot of kids. There are still plenty of families who have alot of kids today and they don't live on farms.
    clsurz

well if everyone had that many kids the world would be in a worse mess than it is now. Overpopulation.

That is a lot of baby quilts to make for all those grandchildren.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast