2024 Eclispe

Old 03-16-2024, 01:59 AM

I will be in a plane flying home from Alabama to Detroit airport. How weird is that going to be?

Watson
Old 03-16-2024, 04:27 AM

In our new (Peoria) location, we are just outside the total path, should have a significant amount of dusk right in our yard so are staying home.

Coming up later this summer for us will be a major cicada hatching. LOL, my new quilting ladies don't understand why I'm excited to be part of that. I remember being a little girl in Georgia during one of tbe (I think it was 17 year) hatchings. The telephone poles were just covered with the exoskeletons. I think events like this are fascinating -- or at least that is this side of the hatching!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...e083cceb&ei=52
Old 03-16-2024, 09:39 AM

Oh I used to collect those skeletons! Love hearing them.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:28 AM

We were in direct path here in Corpus. Crazy tourism. Awesome experience in the serenity of the country. The glasses we bought had both dates, so I knew I'd be watching the next one--it's on our anniversary!!
Old 03-18-2024, 12:33 AM

We are in the path, and already being warned to make sure we are set for up to 2 weeks, going to be slammed with a lot of people. Watching from my front yard.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:10 PM

Default Eclipse

We are traveling to get to an area of total eclipse. We are camping (tent) and had to take a spot in Shreveport. We will have to drive less than two hours to get to a spot that day. We are getting to the campground early so we can look around so we know where to go the day of. We saw the one in 2017 but didn’t know if we’d be around for this one! So far, so good. Ha ha!
If you have never seen one, it is worth going to see it.
Old 03-21-2024, 01:59 AM

I am in central Maine, so I am in the path of totality. I am working on the day of the eclipse. Lots going on in my area, including the same warnings as I'm reading on here regarding gas and groceries. I am lucky enough and will be able to step outside to see it. 👍
Old 03-22-2024, 01:36 AM

We were in the path of the last eclipse, and I did not "prepare" by gassing up or grocery shopping. We simply went outside at noon and watched. We didn't even run out of toilet paper!!!
Old 03-22-2024, 10:47 AM

Reading these comments about eclipse tourism is gobsmacking! I'd never thought of the potential chaos an event like this could cause in the path and feel for those of you living in those direct viewing zones. As exciting as it will be, I don't think I'd enjoy the influx of people. I'm far enough north that I'm on the periphery of the map and am not even sure we will see a perceptible light change.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:50 PM

I ordered my glasses from Ebay, $2. I'm ready!