2024 Eclispe

Old 04-09-2024, 04:56 AM

Was a bit underwhelming 100-200 miles away. I didn't watch the actual sun, it was at a difficult angle from my house/yard (pretty much straight up) and I had no glasses.

We did have a bit of darkening and changes in light quality. I followed the progress through the light on the porch outside my sewing room and I did turn on the basement/sewing room light for about half an hour... The birds quieted a bit, and the dogs were somewhat subdued. And then it went back to bright/normal and I went out for groceries!
Old 04-09-2024, 05:20 AM

total nothingburger where we were, on the road crossing Mr. Lassen in California. Didn't stop, just a little light change.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:56 PM

We drove about 1 1/2 hours toward Erie, PA to a lovely college campus, Edinboro(PennWest). Plenty of parking, food trucks, things for kids, indoor bathrooms, telescopes set up. It was cloudy most of the morning, but as totality approached the clouds parted. It became dark, street lights came on, people cheered, crickets made noise, we saw the 360degree sunset. It was pretty awesome. May 3 1/2 year old gs kept saying "this is so cool" Memories made