ABC wants 500% increase!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 AM

Hey, Qazy Qltr. Is that your goat????????? Just curious. Sono and daughter in law and family bought a little farm (10 acres) and are raising goats. She milks them, pasteurizes the milk and they drink it, she makes soaps and lotions. She had them bred by Rocky the Stud a few months ago and are expecting "kid"lings in March and April. Tell me about your goats so I can mention it to her. She loves her goats. She has one that rides on the top of the donkey's back. Not trained to do that , just likes to go donkey back riding. Edie
Old 12-19-2010, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

We went back to basic tv and it is just fine.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:13 AM

FOX network is trying to do the same here with Time Warner Cable. The cable company is standing its ground and I am behind them. When they lose all their viewers, it will hit them where it counts. I think these stations need to learn a lesson and just who makes sure they get a paycheck.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:13 AM

We had DirecTV and they kept raising the rates so we just cancelled and now we watch just the local channels and great PBS shows. Besides, there really wasn't much good to watch on satellite. I do miss HGTV and the old movies like on TCM.

The only way you can fight price increases and things you don't like is to use your feet.....walk away and cancel. When enough do it they might take notice....
Old 12-19-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by litacats
I was talking to our local resturant owner and he is closing in august next year as he has been notified his rent will go up by 150% the same is happening with my local hairdresser too. I am amazed that they can charge such a big increase in 1 hit.
our town is trying to expand and the person who owns most of the shops is trying to kill the town. he will soon find out that he doesn't have any money himself if all his shops close down and he has no rent coming in.
some people are only interested in the almighty dollar but they can't see beyond the dollar signs to see that there wont be any coming in
It kinda reminds me of the movie, "It's a wonderful life".
Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Originally Posted by mom-6
I did my part...I don't watch TV! I stay on this board or with my sewing/quilting.
Same here (except for NCIS!)
Did you know you could watch NCIS episodes on your computer? My guild meets on Tuesdays twice a month. I watch the NCIS shows that I miss on my computer the next day. Saves trying to figure out how to operate the DVD recorder.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 AM

Well, I'd be happy to get rid of sat. tv, but we wouldn't get ANY tv then. We're in a dead zone....no tv by antennae and no cell phone coverage -- not with any company. Add to that, my DH "needs" the Outdoor channel. We're also in the highest fire zone district in Oregon -- the most likely to have fires. Also have the heaviest snows. We need the local channels so we can have news coverage. So we pay....... :)
Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 AM

wow, that's crazy
Old 12-19-2010, 12:37 PM

In the Boston area they are running across the screen that Direct TV is negotiating with ABC and if an aggreement isn't met by Dec 31 we will loose ABC as of January 1. I pay 83 dollars a month now for cable, which I think is way too high and I don't want to pay more per month. I guess I should change to basix service.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
I did my part...I don't watch TV! I stay on this board or with my sewing/quilting.
----------------------------------
I did my own part. I don't watch TV! I got mad at American Idol some years ago and cancelled my cable. Now if I hear of something interesting, either I find it online or forget it, nothing is that important. Should something happen interesting in other parts of the world, some family member or friend will send me a link.
I get news from my daily paper and online, who needs more gloom and doom?