ABC wants 500% increase!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 AM

I live in Kentucky,and I have antenae,but we had to buy a box when they all went to digital signal,because our TV was to old and was not a digital set.But I get all the local stations plus a few more.I'm perfectly happy with it.I think the cable company's should allow you to pick the stations you like and pay for only the ones you order.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM

This has nothing to do with the President for pete sakes, if is greed at the networks. You can't lay everything as petty as this at his feet. Don't forget this started before he took office!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Don't know if all DishNetwork people have had this happen, but here in central Oregon, our DishNetwork people opted to NOT pay ABC (or their distributor or whoever it is) a 500% increase to show ABC!!!! I can't believe, in this economic times, that ABC would try for that kind of increase!!! They could pay those actors LESS!!!! So, our local representative had us sign up with another company, All American Direct, to receive ABC thru LosAngeles or Atlanta. This means our local news from Bend won't be shown, but we'll get the shows we like. I was told (and it's in the paper) that ABC won't even negotiate!!!! ABSURB!!!!!

Anyone else having this issue?
I live in the valley(Tangent) and have Direct TV,you might want to check it out.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Don't know if all DishNetwork people have had this happen, but here in central Oregon, our DishNetwork people opted to NOT pay ABC (or their distributor or whoever it is) a 500% increase to show ABC!!!! I can't believe, in this economic times, that ABC would try for that kind of increase!!! They could pay those actors LESS!!!! So, our local representative had us sign up with another company, All American Direct, to receive ABC thru LosAngeles or Atlanta. This means our local news from Bend won't be shown, but we'll get the shows we like. I was told (and it's in the paper) that ABC won't even negotiate!!!! ABSURB!!!!!

I live in the valley(Tangent) and have Direct TV,you might want to check it out.
We have --- DirectTV doesn't get the locals here (ABC, NBC, CBS, and OPB). We did go thru America Direct and we now get ABC. We're paying an extra $3.99 a month, but that's okay. The rep hopes they'll have it settled soon. Even if they don't, when we travel, we can still get those channels. Well, ALL of them if we pay $14.99 a month.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 AM

another thread on the economy tanking!
Prices go up for whatever, people stop buying it, they go up again, more people stop buying it. Then company goes out of business & more people get laid off from jobs. Higher unemployment, higher prices at grocery store & gas station -- when will it end?
We've never had cable or DISH or anything but an antenna. Too much trash on all those channels anyway. Regular TV is bad enough these days.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM

We had the same thing happen with one of our local channels and it was off the air for almost a week, when things were resolved and everything was back to normal.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:10 AM

You don't need to drop Dish, you can sign up for "distant networks", if you do any traveling at all. We get San Francisco, LA, Chicago, and New York.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Not on the west side of the Cascades yet. Still getting the same network channels.
On Saturday, PBS broadcast Sewing w/Nancy, Fons & Porter, Sue Hausmann, & Knitting Daily. Haven't seen those programs in a year!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 PM

I think they are all crazy . I found a new system I'm going to .It's call Raku threw netflix. 7.99 a month Let the cable companies beat that.
This may not be for everyone. But I sure jumped on it.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 PM

O I forgot to let you know I'm new but have been spying on all that you do here and I just love it.
My avatar is what I made for my youngest daughters first child. It has well wishes from all who attended the baby shower. very fun to make.