about vertifying paypal

Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I have never had a problem with PayPal (and yes I am verified, so they do have my bank and routing numbers).

However, one of the people I work with did have an issue and she did have some money stolen out of her bank account via PayPal. They did return her money, but it took a few days for PayPal to do that.

My advice is to go ahead and get verified, but you might want to see if you can get a free bank account that you use ONLY for PayPal, and only keep a little money in it. That way your potential losses are limited.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 AM

FF is correct - I just switched my bank account to one I don't keep a lot of money in.

Paypal has been known to "link" your account with one they want to get money from - say someone owes them money and PP can't get it. Maybe you and this other person signed on from the same library computer once upon a time - VOILA, your accounts are now "linked" according to PP and the money will be coming out of YOUR account until you fight it. Outright thievery if you ask me. Doesn't happen often but be aware.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Regarding using a credit card through PayPal, all you do is add the credit card to your PayPal account. When you purchase something through PayPal, click on "change" where it lists how the payment will be made and select your credit card. It's safer to use your credit card this way, through PayPal, than it is to use the credit card online without going through PayPal.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM

I got an e-mail from PayPal yesterday saying that I had purchased on E-Bay an "authentic Coach lilac leather travel picture frame" to the tune of $803.48. I about had a stroke as that message looked so real. Called PayPal and they assured me that it was indeed a bogus message. Sure had my heart pounding. What is with these people that do things like that? They should get a life!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM

they should get a life and not ours. someone charged a 500 dollar prom dress to my credit card and the credit card people called me to see if i had done that and i told them no so they investigated and all and took care of everything for me. the charge had been done online.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by doll-lady View Post
they should get a life and not ours. someone charged a 500 dollar prom dress to my credit card and the credit card people called me to see if i had done that and i told them no so they investigated and all and took care of everything for me. the charge had been done online.
About a month ago someone charged three different things to my credit card. The credit card company called me because it looked suspicious to them. One charge was for I-tunes, one for a motel, and one for Groupon? The credit card company took all the charges off. I'm wondering now how to purchase anything online. I still haven't set up a paypal account.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 PM

It is best to call Paypal and read the email to them over the phone. I got a "letter" supposedly from Paypal and my spam filter didn't get it, my inbox did.
They told me it was not from them, so I deleted it, didn't click on any part of it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Ha, sears dept store tried to put $1700 worth of service policies on my card for some reason. needless to say, i disputed the charges!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Do NOT open that e-mail. I got one and I contacted Paypal. They asked me to forward it to them and they said they never send out e-mails requesting verification. SCAM for sure!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HMK View Post
It's a scam - Paypal, your bank or credit card companies etc never send you an email like this. Give Paypal a call if you're concerned.

that is no longer true..PO will send you an email if your account is new and has limits or restrictions.....It is easy to verify your account and is a must if you plan to keep using it! Just log into your account via the actual website and take are of it! Then you can shop!