Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
absolutely sick, a mouse chewed grams hankies! >

absolutely sick, a mouse chewed grams hankies!

absolutely sick, a mouse chewed grams hankies!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM

I can offer u some of mine if u want, mine are from germany so as me :thumbup:
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Now no one will believe I'm not afraid of mice! It's not the mice ... it's the 'surprise here I am!' that I don't care for!

Peggy
(thought you could use a little chuckle in the midst of things.)
Thank you, Peggy, I needed that. Sometimes laughter is just what heals. I hope the little hairs on your neck are smoothed back down now, after your encounter. If it had been me, on the way to the facilities, I would have had a little accident!

When hubby & I were searching garage yesterday, we found lots of mice "evidence" ~ why couldn't the little booger have eaten the old books I have out there?!? We set traps, and are super grateful that our garage is DEtached from the house.

Someone brought up the idea of a possum... my husband said it could have been, but why didn't he eat thru the cardboard boxes that hold my outdoor Christmas wreaths & swags? I am a nature lover, but I absolutely do not like mice now :)
Old 03-23-2011, 06:10 AM

I totally understand where you are coming from. My family understands what my take is on mice and any other similiar vermin. Thank goodness we have coyotes in the area they really keep the population under control. My take is the only good mouse is a dead one and my family knows that I don't even like Mickey Mouse. LOL This said however hand wash everything and then cut very carefully to see what you have left. Also check with family to see if anyone still has any left. You might be suprised by the number that you find from family if you explain to them what they are going to be used for. The best thing is not to give up and not to start on the quilt while you are still under so much stress. Good Luck and promise to send pictures. By the way I work for a company that sells and repairs machines and I have had customers bring in machines that had obviously been nest for such critters you should have seen how fast I pulled away from the machine and refused to take it in for repair. LOL
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Oh boy! See if you can use parts and/or pieces of the hankies. I know they are special and will mean a lot, even if not whole.

delma
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

ok, I just received a squishie ~ have NO idea who its from, but someone is hiding in Michigan (Caledonia) and sent me 11 gorgeous hankies... the crocheted edges on the orange & yellow ones are so beautiful! And the bridal lacey ones, oh, I cannot imagine the work to make something so pretty.

Whomever you are, if you're wanting to remain anonymous, thank you, danke, mahalo!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
ok, I just received a squishie ~ have NO idea who its from, but someone is hiding in Michigan (Caledonia) and sent me 11 gorgeous hankies... the crocheted edges on the orange & yellow ones are so beautiful! And the bridal lacey ones, oh, I cannot imagine the work to make something so pretty.

Whomever you are, if you're wanting to remain anonymous, thank you, danke, mahalo!!!
Awwwwww. I wanted to send you some, but remembered that I had sold all of mine to a friend. So happy that some one had some they could share with you.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM

I have a big collection of old hankies. I would be happy to donate a couple. Bet others on here would too.