According to Jim show

Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM

I always wonder when you see a TV show or movie, someone opens the window and leans right out - am I the only one in the US with screens on my windows? You NEVER see them in the movies.

Also as I recall, on "Dances with Wolves" there is a 1930's quilt in one of the scenes.

I always look for goofs.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:24 PM

I had to quit watching "JAG" because of all the factual and script errors. Twelve years in the Navy - it was just too hard to ignore them. Bummer, too, b/c he was so CUTE!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM

I once saw a Corning Ware teapot (like the one I had) in a movie that was supposed to take place in the late 40s or early 50s.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM

lol, yes - yesterday, on a talk show, some woman was going on and on about how people have to make their own way, be inventive, (she said she started 2 businesses - her current one was helping people start thier own business form home.)

ok, stage set. So, the announcer says: " like, if I made something and wanted to sell it, like knit a quilt or something", her: "yes, exactly, you knit a quilt, and you dont know how to price it."

so, the next few min. they went on and on about the "knit" quilt and how to do things with it! I wanted to look up the program and write them an email! For someone whose business is telling other people how to run a business she should check out a few things before opening her mouth on national TV. Im sure if I noticed a few 100 other quilters did - lol!sharet
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
On an old toilet paper commercial, they showed the cartoon ladies sitting around the toilet paper, "quilting" it....with KNITTING NEEDLES!!! It drove me insane! After a while, they changed it so they were actually using a needle and thread, but whenever I saw the ladies quilting with knitting needles, I wanted to scream!
That used to drive me nuts, too. I thought, how can people be so dumb????
Old 09-07-2011, 02:26 AM

Miltary movies drive me so crazy that I don't watch them anymore. Who wears thier headgear cocked to the side and the chin strap undone in intense battle? How can you fire a weapon with no magazine in it or the magazine is in backwards? Why are the characters addressed as one name and rank but their uniform has a different rank on it throughout the WHOLE film. Why are the womens' uniforms tight, short and show everything? Why are women servicemembers depicted as wimpering love crazed weaklings and the men as the strong brutes that save the world. I have you know that we kick booty in battle too! See why I don't watch military movies? lol.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM

The chin strap is undone or their head could be ripped off from a bomb concussion.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 AM

Whenever there's a sewing scene, I always check to see if the machine is the right way. So often you would have to be sitting with your back to the camera to use it! Drives me buggy!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I always wonder when you see a TV show or movie, someone opens the window and leans right out - am I the only one in the US with screens on my windows? You NEVER see them in the movies.

I always look for goofs.
when I'm watching a movie or tv show ,for example ,Home Alone, I'm thinking, what a mess this kid has made and how in the world are they going to clean up all that spilled paint, tar, etc? Crazy I know, but I just can't help it. I have seen some crazy bloopers that they never caught.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM

Yes, I was watching an historical drama set in the 17th century and lo and behold- in the background, there was a Cadillac going up the hill...couldn't stop chuckling throughout the movie, looking for another boo boo.