According to Jim show

Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Oh, yes. As a horse rider, see them alot in westerns
Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM

There is a commercial on the create channel that drives me crazy. The two guys from this old house are discussing the create channel shows, and one says to the other, something about the quilting shows, while talking about a quilt, he holds up what is clearly an afghan! Makes me crazy, that's why I can't quote the words. :lol: :?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by saraaev
Not surprised Ms Kate plus 8 doesn't wear a seatbelt. I've been of the opinion for a while that she isn't playing with a full deck !
The only thing she uses, are her children! IMHO
Old 09-09-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by charlie 1940
My hangup is typos when reading. I have a hard time getting back into the book after finding a typo. I even found a couple in a dictionary. Oh well, if a man is riding by on horseback, can it be a typo!!! lol
It makes me nuts when people feel obliged to CORRECT the typos in books. Okay, so you noticed it. Leave it alone, unless it's your book. Don't deface library books.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by QM
I just assume they all are idiots. WAYYYYY back when there was a show called the Rifleman. It drove my cousin, who was staying with us, crazy. "That's not a rifle, that's a carbine. It's out of period for the show." In fact, he always commented on the guns in any Western show. Having been raised by a US Army guns expert, the inconsistancies drove him nuts.
OOOH My DH does the SAME thing!! Drives me nuts!

As for books -- I find type-o's all the time.. (I think type-o's is incorrect though!!). The one that I still remember was reading a Harlequin over 30 years ago. The story was set on the coast of Oregon.... The author had the character going to Newport, then south to Lincoln City and then even further south to Depot Bay. Welll --- you have to go NORTH from Newport to Depot Bay and then further north to Lincoln City!!!! That wasn't just a north/south mix-up. I always felt that for the money the author got, she could have looked at a map!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM

have you ever noticed the wheels on the cars turn backwards but the cars go foward. sue
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

If the machine had a brand name showing then the machine had to be placed to show the name. Brand names pay a lot of money to have their products on tv shows and in movies. The products are placed or used to be noticed, right or wrong.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Becka
I had to quit watching "JAG" because of all the factual and script errors. Twelve years in the Navy - it was just too hard to ignore them. Bummer, too, b/c he was so CUTE!!!
dh was a marine fighter pilot... try watching top gun with him!!! also things like air force one w/harrison ford.. and most war movies get scathing comments around here... try to watch something else with him!