Ads we'll never see again

Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Thank goodnes is right
Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Wow! Where did you find these! I do remember the cigarettes ads also!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Grrrr!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:33 PM

good grief! the soda pop board! really?, "give your baby all the sugary carbonated drinks you can"!!! My BIL, when he was a baby in the late 60s had black teeth (black, like a cartoon or something!) because my MIL let him drink tons of OJ - he loved it. The dentist said he had a problem w/ his enamel on his baby teeth and that the acid and sugar in the OJ made this happen and to give him nothing but milk and water until his bb teeth came out. His secondary would be ok.
Cannot imagine what would have happened if he grew up sucking on colas. sharet
Old 10-01-2011, 11:54 PM

I was never a big fan of soda. I was a big fan of the local soda jerk, lol...and if I could talk Mom out of 15 cents, would go over and get a cherry coke and drool over him.

And as much as I love it, too much OJ makes me itch, for some reason, so never had a problem with that.

I started drinking coffee at 5 yrs old. I lived with my gparents, and gpa worked for the railroad. He was up having breakfast about 5 am, and I would smell his coffee and breakfast, get up and share it, and go back to bed. My mother tried to break me of drinking coffee by telling me it would turn my knees black, lol. Well, I have drank the equivelent of Lake O, at the very least, of coffee, and they are still fish belly white.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Will we be looking back at some of the ads made today, thinking what were they thinking making them?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM

My mother's favorite (?&%#@?) were the "ring around the collar" ads for laundry detergent. She'd literally shout at the TV, "Tell him to wash his blankety blank neck!"
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 AM

The first time I went to my future husband's house for Sunday dinner back in the late 1960's, all the women were in the kitchen and all the men were milling around outside visiting. When it came time for dinner, all the men sat at the table and "their women" stood behind them, dishing up their food, buttering their bread, salting, cutting their meat, etc. I sat down at a place at the table (I was a 17-year old girl, mind you), and all the men just about choked on their fried chicken! My future MIL, wide-eyed, asked me "aren't you going to help 'boyfriend' with his food?" My response - in front of all my future in-laws *gasp* "I helped cook it and put it on the table in front of him. If he's too lazy to dish it up for himself, he deserves to starve." I've been married to him for 41 years, never cut up his meat for him once.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
My mother's favorite (?&%#@?) were the "ring around the collar" ads for laundry detergent. She'd literally shout at the TV, "Tell him to wash his blankety blank neck!"
my thoughts exactly!! Why was the wife ashamed when it was her husband with the nasty neck!!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM

Seriously? Yes, seriously. My sister did this on the advice of her devil MIL. Did some serious damage.

Should make him scrub his thang with SOS pad!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266206[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-266153.jpe